Ok i am selling my fernandes monterey elite with the old sustainer on ebay. I want to get something around the same price im selling it for. currently im looking at- jackson rr5, esp ec-500, esp dj-600, gark kramer crusader, esp ex-500?, old 80's kramer barretta, and an edwards lp. i play mainly metal and like to play fast, i do play other stuff but im not doing shows so i dont care if it doesnt sound good or not. also any other suggestions of older 80's shred guitars will be appreciated. ive played many guitars and still dont like shecter, ibanez, dean, or bc rich so get those annoying suggestions out of the way early please.
Gear
Fernandes Monterey Elite (with older version of sustainer)
Marshall MG100HDFX (soon to be sold)
Custom made 150 watt celestion cab (soon being sold also)
Why don't you go to a shop and play as many of those guitars you listed and see which one you like most?
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
if you like the crazy 80's guitars, they go for cheap all the time. my guitar store has a charvel with two EMGs for 200$, only because it has a second pickup. people went mod crazy on 80's guitars, so you could pick one up for fairly cheap.

examples:
Charvel:
Ex. 1
Ex. 2
Ex. 3
Ex .4
Ex. 5

Kramer:
Ex. 1
Ex. 2
Ex. 3
Ex. 4
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jan 2, 2009,
yeah ive had a kramer before and liked it. i really like the esp ec-500 and the jackson rr5. im more wondering what would be better for the buck? all those guitars i like and have either a) played it, or b) played similiar.
Gear
Fernandes Monterey Elite (with older version of sustainer)
Marshall MG100HDFX (soon to be sold)
Custom made 150 watt celestion cab (soon being sold also)
charvel or kramer were probably better quality in the 80s but a lot of them have probably been beat up and thus not so great anymore, so unless you can get a good up-close look at it ( not off of ebay ) id go for the RR as i love Vs.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff