I wanna change out my active pups for passives, first off, will standard passivehumbuckers fit? Will I have to change out the pots for the controls to work?

Whats the best pup for around 80-100 each? I want good cleans and overdrive tones, no distortion most of the time, warm smooth.

Thanks!
you should probably get new pots, and for cleans and overdrives,
maybe a seymour duncan jazz for cleans and a JB or 59 for the OD tones
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by eyebanez333
You want to go from actives to passives?

I suppose those batteries are costing just a FORTUNE
Like going from tube to SS, less up keep maybe.

To TS, rationale for going to passives? There are many good actives, not just SD blackouts (<-- actually not too bad) and EMG's
Why are you guys so condescending? Passive pickups are more sensetive to dynamics, and a more characteristic frequency response.

Yes, they will fit. Most humbuckers are of a standardised size.
Yes, you need new pots. 500k is a common value for use with humbuckers.

Warm smooth tones? Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates
Quote by ShredGod George
you should probably get new pots, and for cleans and overdrives,
maybe a seymour duncan jazz for cleans and a JB or 59 for the OD tones

+1, also look into Dimarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone combo.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I use a Crate V-33, with ESP ec-500. The actives are great for Metal and some clean workI love em, but they're just not for me, I had a friend lend me his esp which is 400 less than mine with humbuckers and I LOVED the tone. Its just what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help!
I wasn't being condescending...I was just curious as to the rationale. Most people do the opposite. But yes...most pickups are standard sized (p90s are longer than standard buckers though). So to answer your question, yes. They should fit perfectly.

EDIT: great amp by the way. The crate V-series are amazing amps for the price.
Thanks, I love it. =] for 250 i couldn't not get it!

With the emgs tho I get really sharp highs, and not good ones, and if I turn the treble down, my lower strings have little to no treble. But my amp seems to love humbuckers. haha
Active to passive makes perfect sense. EMG's for clean suck, and tell me one active pickup that really does do clean well, hmm. Actives arent better than passive, they are just different.
TS - Jazz and 59 seems a good bet. Also, it might be worth installing a coil tap for the 59.