We recently had our attict redone and now thats my room, my old amp (FlexWave 65) was too big and loud and my mom wanted me to get rid of it after a year (NOOO!!!!) so i sold it to my nieghbor nick and i got 270 for it. I still play classic rock 80's some clean stuff and i was looking for a small amp. I was thinking the micro cube or a crate flexwave(or ibz 10 or some small amp) and a multi-effects pedal, the rest of the money is going twoards new SD pickups for my Epi Lp PT so which OPTIOn do you think is better
Cube> Flexwave IMO. What about a 5w tube amp? or something like The Killer Ant by Blackheart?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by ktyler789
We recently had our attict redone and now thats my room, my old amp (FlexWave 65) was too big and loud and my mom wanted me to get rid of it after a year (NOOO!!!!) so i sold it to my nieghbor nick and i got 270 for it. I still play classic rock 80's some clean stuff and i was looking for a small amp. I was thinking the micro cube or a crate flexwave(or ibz 10 or some small amp) and a multi-effects pedal, the rest of the money is going twoards new SD pickups for my Epi Lp PT so which OPTIOn do you think is better

As awesome as the Micro Cube is, I think you'd be better off with a Crate V18-112 or a Vox VT15 / AD15VT for classic rock. I'd take the V18-212 or any of that series over any FW series anyday.
Last edited by tigerking615 at Jan 2, 2009,
I cant stand flexwaves, microcubes or multi FX. I dont think the killer ant would be best either.
Vox hybrids are pretty black and white I think, either your biased for/against them

TS, try the microcube, vox valvetronix, and if you lucky, some blackhearts. If nothing strikes your fancy, save up and dont buy the pups.
I like the idea of a small tube amp like a Blackheart or Epiphone VJ, probably with an overdrive pedal.

If you're not into that, and would prefer a SS/hybrid, I would go with one of those Vox dealies.
Saint Louis Blues