i found one in a pawn shop for 179 and it's black with a stainless steel pickguard. problem is i'm worried it might be a squier with a fender neck on it cause i've never seen a fender strat like that. does anyone know if fender made a strat like that?
Quote by tigerking615
If the headstock says Fender it should be a Fender.

Can you take pics?

but fender necks are bolt-on, therefore someone could (fairly easily) take a squire and put a fender neck on it.

EDIT: and to TS, maybe the neck plate has some sort of indication to the brand on it? or maybe a serial number?

just pretty much check out any serial numbers on it, and there are websites that will help you out if you have serial numbers. sadly I cba to do that, but google is your friend here.
Last edited by guitardude34875 at Jan 2, 2009,
don't worry if it's a squire, just play it and see how it sounds.. names shouldn't mean anything.
Does it have a Black Headstock? Black HSS Pickups? Block Fret markers?

If it does its a Big Block, in which case get it because those great and are discontinued so you don't come across them often.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
my squire standard has a mirror pickguard, and the knobs have no numbers and are crossthatched...hope this helped!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
it had black SSS pickups, dot fret markers, maple headstock and the knobs were black with white numbers. i'm pretty sure it's a fender i just dont wanna drop money on a fake