I've recently changed from 9's to 11's and I've noticed a big difference in the action of the guitar. Is there any online resource that can help me fix it? I've looked around everywhere locally and it would cost me about 100$+ to pay someone to do it. I'm positive it's not as simple as giving the truss rod a quick twist, so I don't want to jump into it before I know what I'm doing.

How high should the action be? It's currently sitting at about .060 at the 12th fret. I heard it should be around .025 there. I never really paid attention to the exact measurements before.
OH MY GOD.

Christ

TRUSS ROD = ADJUSTING NECK RELIEF. Do not ever touch it for your action.

Just lower your bridge.

Edit: Having said that, the increase in string tension's probably causing the neck to bow slightly, so you might have to look into that. Try lowering your bridge first, though.
when lowering your bridge in most cases you also need to adjust your truss rod so give that a shot too but be careful
See! Good thing I haven't touched anything yet. I'm currently sitting at work and I might be able to work on it tonight, if not tomorrow night. Until then I'm hoping to get as much input as possible.

The neck sits pretty straight. I used a steel 6" ruler on the frets and they all touch it perfectly. I'm looking for more information on whether or not that is good, or bad. There is no audible fret buzz when plugged in. Unplugged it is very minor. Hardly noticeable.
Quote by syntheticocean
See! Good thing I haven't touched anything yet. I'm currently sitting at work and I might be able to work on it tonight, if not tomorrow night. Until then I'm hoping to get as much input as possible.

The neck sits pretty straight. I used a steel 6" ruler on the frets and they all touch it perfectly. I'm looking for more information on whether or not that is good, or bad. There is no audible fret buzz when plugged in. Unplugged it is very minor. Hardly noticeable.

That's pretty much perfect - your neck should be 100% straight, with no relief when it's string up.
It won't help with your situation, but can I ask you to post pics of your EC?

It's so beautiful...

;[
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Haha it is a beauty. Not to mention, I made a post when I first got it. They somehow managed a complete screw-up. I don't know how, but they shipped it with all black hardware. I looked all over online and as far as I can tell, it was never built with all black hardware.

I was already planning on taking some pics of the whole cleanup process and making a post on it. I love the guitar. I'm debating getting another one. All in all I'm addicted to ESP. I might get a Horizon next, but first I have to get an acoustic.
What finish did you get?

Edit: Ah Black. Very nice.

I plan to buy a green one.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Last edited by chuckflan333 at Jan 2, 2009,
Quote by chuckflan333
What finish did you get?

Edit: Ah Black. Very nice.

I plan to buy a green one.

HAHAHAAHAHA, owned.

EDIT: nevermind, your selling me your EMG's i should kiss ass.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
Careful rookie.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
Careful rookie.

sorry.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.