I went to my a local guitar center today, and they actually had a well built made in japan SV5470F. Anyway, i just want to know what you think of the SynchroniZR bridge. How well does it stay in tune without a locking nut? How durable is it and how much abuse can it take? I'd prefer answers from people who own this guitar.

Also, it's really ****ing annoying that all the GC's near me carry the same exact high end Ibanez models.. The SV5470f, the JS and a JEM. I really want to try out the S5470F. Funny though, at the GC closer to me it was made in Korea, and was a really **** guitar. The GC farther from me had one made in Japan which played like a dream. Which do you prefer, the SV or the S prestige 5470F?

Thanks.
Last edited by Jayez at Jan 2, 2009,
The ZR bridge is awesome, though I must say I have never heard of it being called 'the SynchroniZR'...
The SV has a ball bearing tremolo with locking tuners and a graphite nut. I didn't test the guitar long-term, but if I were to judge from a similar setup on the Parker Fly, it's incredibly stable. Don't expect high-end floyd rose stability, but you have an edge-less pivot, lock at the headstock, and minimal string friction in the system. That's a recipe for success.

However, if you're looking to abuse it, then you're probably better off with a S5470 and a full locking ZRII. SV trems have a fairly modest range for real trem wankery.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by Jayez
I went to my a local guitar center today, and they actually had a well built made in japan SV5470F. Anyway, i just want to know what you think of the SynchroniZR bridge. How well does it stay in tune without a locking nut? How durable is it and how much abuse can it take? I'd prefer answers from people who own this guitar.

Also, it's really ****ing annoying that all the GC's near me carry the same exact high end Ibanez models.. The SV5470f, the JS and a JEM. I really want to try out the S5470F. Funny though, at the GC closer to me it was made in Korea, and was a really **** guitar. The GC farther from me had one made in Japan which played like a dream. Which do you prefer, the SV or the S prestige 5470F?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if you're saying that there was a made in Korea SV5470, but if that is the case, it might help to know that the SV5470 is made in Japan, and only Japan, but if I misread or misunderstood you I apologize.

I thought that the trem had pretty reasonably tuning stability (I only played it for about half an hour), but I was pleased with how it held tune. I would equate it to being better than a standard Strat trem, but nowhere near as stable as an FR (as others have said).
Quote by jairic
I'm not sure if you're saying that there was a made in Korea SV5470, but if that is the case, it might help to know that the SV5470 is made in Japan, and only Japan, but if I misread or misunderstood you I apologize.

It's weird though, that of the 3 categories of Prestiges on Ibanez's site, only the RG and the S, not the SV's are labled as "made in Japan by Ibanezes craftsmen."

Did you actually see the label "JAPAN" on the SV guitars or are you just assuming? Because I've "heard" from other people that there are Ibanez prestiges out there that are labled "Korea", which I was shocked and very disappointed to hear about.

Anybody that has played Korean guitars, knows that they are garbage. At least all that I've played and owned. `