Page 1 of 4
i think it's a good question... Why do sooo many people hate the Jonas Brothers?

they're having great success........ if anything, we should be happy that they're making it in music...
Uhh, how about the fact that they're poster boys for corporate pop music?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Nobody should respect pointless power chords and nothing really that musical except a catchy melody and cliche lyrics.

Noone cares.
I dare you to go to the "Rivers of Gore" forum and post a thread about the Jonas Brothers.
I'll piss my pants laughing.
Google Rivers of Gore.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
Nobody should respect pointless power chords and nothing really that musical except a catchy melody and cliche lyrics.

Noone cares.
I dare you to go to the "Rivers of Gore" forum and post a thread about the Jonas Brothers.
I'll piss my pants laughing.
Google Rivers of Gore.

I will actually do that. Links in a sec!
Don't feed the troll guys.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by OnMyPhone

they're having great success........ if anything, we should be happy that they're making it in music...

Yeah the only reason they have sucess is because their music is only bought by young kids and they're just like fall out boy but they're going to be worse and they already sell outs in their first year
GEAR:
Ibanez GSA60 guitar
perri blue lighting strap
Digitech RP250 pedal
Marshall MG30 Amp

Quote by Glen
I call these Glen wads, they'll get you high just on flavor alone

FOUNDER OF THE JONAS BROTHERS SUCK group join today
Apparently they don't actually play their instruments live.

Just what I heard. I know next to nothing about them, so I can't really back that up.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Well for one there music makes me want to shove ice picks through my ears.... Also it pains me to see then playing Gibsons..
Quote by vanklef92
because they are just about the image not the music

is that the reason they drive hybrids rather than escalades and hummers
Quote by OnMyPhone
is that the reason they drive hybrids rather than escalades and hummers

Keyword - HYBRIDS

"Oh, we love the Jonas Brothers!!... I love their music AND they help to save the environment!! <3"

Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
they r totally just doing it for the cash, in a year win f-ing disney channel doesnt play them anymore they probably will never be heard about again, half their fans r only fans because mtv and disney channel tell them too so its the in thing to do according to them so they listen, once again a year later the jbs will b dead! they have so much undeserved success, COMPLETE SELLOUTS, im done ranting now =D
"Seeing is believing, but hearing keeps us from fearing"
I just dislike them because they are a front. A media machine. They are just a means for disney to push it's values and ideologies onto young naive children who latch onto the pretty looks, 'badboy rockstar' image and catchy music, and immitate what the jonas brothers do (or rather are told/payed to do by disney).

It's common knowledge that children copy their idols, whether they be elder siblings or 'musicians' on the TV. Disney use this to manipulate children into: A. Buying disney merchandise, including CD's of the various 'artists' disney have crafted to different demographics, and B. Take morals and values from these influential figures.

Feeding these positive ideologies to the children keeps disney in the parents' 'good books', and they will continue to buy disney merchandise for their children, and allow their children to continue watching the disney channel and through 'Pester Power' influence their parents to buy yet more 'must have' accessories.

If an idea or value in society changes (such as the example of hybrid cars being encouraged, as fossil fuels cause polltion), corporations like disney who have a monopoly on their respective market have to change the products and ideologies they present so that they fall in line with society's new ideas. If they DO NOT change the veiws they are presenting, they will lose popularity and eventually be overtaken by a different company which DOES hold and present the morals and values parents want their children to be exposed to.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Last edited by Sonny_sam at Jan 2, 2009,
Quote by GNRjungle87
I will actually do that. Links in a sec!

Still waiting for this epic pile of win.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
they're in a movie called "camp rock" without any rock songs, now thats pretty f***ed up.
and they just do it for the image
They're hate that a band they don't like is making MASSIVE amounts of money.

That's pretty much the jist of it. I have absolutely no problem with teenagers playing music and making money. To be honest, I don't give two ****s if they're only in it for the money. That's why people have jobs. 'Musician' is just a high-paying job with room for creative expansion.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
They only want to look good in magazines, posters... There are so many better bands that don't get as much attention.
''Ball-less, soul-less, spiritless, corporate little bitches; suckers of Satan's **** each and every one of them!''

RIP Bill Hicks
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by Seth Shadows
Still waiting for this epic pile of win.

Haha, they never sent me the confirmation link for my username: I<3jobros

Not sure, they can sometimes appear to be a girly bunch. But I respect them as musicians.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Quote by Benguitar2
Not sure, they can sometimes appear to be a girly bunch. But I respect them as musicians.

finally, someone on this site who actually respects them as musicians. they work just as hard as other bands...
Quote by OnMyPhone
finally, someone on this site who actually respects them as musicians. they work just as hard as other bands...

I doubt they write any of their stuff.

And their music is crap (just my opinion. If you like it, fine. But just about all of those complaining about them couldn't stand 10 seconds of one of their songs. I ran my ass out the room when they played the Cowboys halftime show)

Ass whatshisname said, they are a device from disney, and only have a future if it suits disneys purposes.

They're very image-driven, and could care less what their music sounds like.

I doubt they can actually play guitars. And if you can't play guitar, don't pretend to. I have more respect for N'SYNC than the Jonas Brothers because they don't pretend to play guitar. And as we all know, a guitar helps with the "cool kid" image.

And that's why the suck
because they are not fall out boy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Quote by Ninjamonkey767

They're very image-driven, and could care less what their music sounds like.

Neither would I if I was rakin' in the dough and barely post-pubescent chicks they do (well, could be doin').
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by OnMyPhone

lol

with a multi-billion franchise backing them... suuuuuure.

i think tons of people have said this: they're not playing because they want to play music. they're playing because they're moneymakers. they care more about their corporate image than how the music actually sounds...

... which is why 100% of it is complete crap.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
people are jealous because they get all the girls becuase they have a "good looking"
Anger Is A Gift
I just dislike them because theres so many other musicians out there with more talent who are struggling to make ends meet while these mediocre musicians get pushed by mtv and disney so hard.
To hate you have to care first.

Soooooo take from that what you like.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by zeprider25
I just dislike them because theres so many other musicians out there with more talent who are struggling to make ends meet while these mediocre musicians get pushed by mtv and disney so hard.

Exactly.

I can name many bands that have worked harder than them, and gotten nowhere near the money or respect they did.
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
Uhh, how about the fact that they're poster boys for corporate pop music?

you pretty much nailed it........but i feel alot of people are jealous of their success with music and women (in other words 13 year old girls)
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Bullshit propaganda controlled by the puppet masters named disney, now I know what Metallica meant. Oh I hate them because I don't do everything realitytv and Disney tell me to.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Page 1 of 4