Page 1 of 3
Post some pics of some ugly pointies! And i'm talking about the ugliest, pointiest guitars you can imagine.

I decided to make this thread because i saw this guitar:

edit: sorry for massive pic
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
isnt that called a madusa??
Electric Guitars Samick Torino,Jay Turser warlord, Jay turser jt-xg2( thats a double neck) New york pro Strat copy Acoustics Ibanez pf , new york pro and 3 nylons from the 70's
^ yes.

Or in simpler terms, an ugly pointy.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Warlocks.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
i think all pointy guitars are nasty IMO.. i like strats and LP.. i don't even like V's.... telecasters are right on the edge of being too pointy, but they aren't
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
i think all pointy guitars are nasty IMO.. i like strats and LP.. i don't even like V's.... telecasters are right on the edge of being too pointy, but they aren't

lolwut

telecasters are almost as round as banjos rofl.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
As far as points are concerned, the danellectro kirk hammet uses is just too sharp for me...
Quote by FightinIrishPJ

Strats are pointier than teles dude...

Quote by DaddyBarbs
lolwut

telecasters are almost as round as banjos rofl.

Oh, my bad.. i meant to say SG... haha sorry.. i mean the little devil horn things
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I like pointy shapes, when they're practical and not excessive. That medusa looks kinda cool, and so do B.C. Rich, even though they suck

Edit: That V guitar is definantly impractical
Last edited by Echoplex at Jan 2, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123
Strats are pointier than teles dude...

who in their right mind?...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Strats are nice guitars, until Ibanez and Kramer decided to rape their design:

And whoever designed this guitar should have it shoved up his ass. Then he would feel the pain I feel when I see it.
Yay. I hate pointy metal guitars.

Save one or two. not those weirrrd shapes. Superstrats are fine.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
[quote="Mike!*superstrat pics and one warlock*
And whoever designed this guitar should have it shoved up his ass. Then he would feel the pain I feel when I see it.[/QUOTE"]
... Screw you, man!

All those superstrats are nice.
Quote by Mike!
Strats are nice guitars, until Ibanez and Kramer decided to rape their design

Rape their design? hardly. Besides, there were others like Charvel long before Kramer started making wooden neck guitars that used Fender's Strat shape in their guitars.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
most B.C Riches are excessively ugly, pointy deans are ugly, sound like **** and are targeted to wannabe scenekids, and stupidly designed flying V's (one's that make it impossible to sit down to play with) just annoy the hell out of me. don't sacrifice comfortable for the sake of looks (like a certain friend of mine).
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by Misery_Machine
Oh god no...

I know its a bass but it had to be posted

The creator of that bass should have just raped my eyes rather than spend time making that.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by TSelman
Mana's ESP's are NOT ugly.

They do make small children cry by looking at them though
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Malice Mizer in general makes small children cry by looking at them. Hahaha
Guitars in general are too pointy.

That's why I got me a banjo!

Seriously, Flying V's are definately not too pointy. The Rhoads and Gibson Flying V guitars are fine, but the messed up **** BC Rich makes is over top. I'm not sure why anyone would think an SG is too pointy, or why a Super Strat is either. Some of you guys are way too extremist.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by dbl93100
all dean guitars.
/thread

that`s your opinion they are kick ass guitars but they are not your style
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)

Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I fail to see how that ESP is pointy.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
which one?
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by dbl93100
all dean guitars.
/thread

Your ignorance is astounding. I'm not even a Dean fan, and I know they have plenty of guitars that aren't pointy at all.

Please refrain from making sweeping generalizations, as they only make your idiocy apparent to everyone who has to read them.

Please educate yourself.

And anyone who thinks you can't play sitting down with a V, is laughably stupid. It's called classical position, and its very easy.
Last edited by Delanoir at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by aradine
most B.C Riches are excessively ugly, pointy deans are ugly, sound like **** and are targeted to wannabe scenekids, and stupidly designed flying V's (one's that make it impossible to sit down to play with) just annoy the hell out of me. don't sacrifice comfortable for the sake of looks (like a certain friend of mine).

wow now arn't you just the biggest biggot, all this post is is just for a thread for pointy guitars that people are ugly and your trying to make it a fact that "pointy" guitars are just for "scenekids" as you so state as if you took it out of the "World of Guitar Facts Book" people play what they want for personal reasons and yes i play BC Rich guitars but the day someone wants to try to call me a "wannabe scenekid" just because of the guitar i play is just utterly stupid, I play BC Rich cause i enjoy the sound, many of you dont...well MOST of you dont but for me i do...and yeah i do agree that some of these guitars are just...well...ugly. So basicly....just post an opinion and STFU about your pseudo-analytical BS.

And so to add to the ugly pointy guitar list heres one
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by aradine

I guess that makes Dave Mustaine a scenekid right?

And Slash?

Quote by jamsi

why?

i wonder where the tone knobs could be...
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by Tyranus-3121
i wonder where the tone knobs could be...

I wonder who got that off a certin someone....
Why is there JEM's posted in this thread?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Page 1 of 3