So, I have this old crappy Yamaha F-35 that I got about 5 or 6 years ago for Christmas. It was actually found on the side of the road. But anyways, it sounds fine when I'm playing open chords, but when I play for example a barre chord, especially higher up on the fret board, it sounds all out of pitch. Changing strings really doesn't do much. Should I refret it or something? It might not help out a whole seeing as it's a pretty cheap guitar, but it means a lot to me, as it's my first guitar, and I want to keep it in good playability.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
It's a cheap guitar that needs to be replaced by a better one. Having new frets installed won't help it at all. In fact, for what it will cost you to have new frets installed, you could buy a new, better guitar. Spend 20 bucks and buy a wall hanger for the guitar and display it, but I'd concentrate on getting a better guitar.
Last edited by KG6_Steven at Jan 2, 2009,
Quote by KG6_Steven
It's a cheap guitar that needs to be replaced by a better one. Having new frets installed won't help it at all. In fact, for what it will cost you to have new frets installed, you could buy a new, better guitar. Spend $20 bucks and buy a wall hanger for the guitar and display it, but I'd concentrate on getting a better guitar.

Well, yeah I am gonna be getting another one soon. I just like to use this guitar as one I can bring with me to friends houses and not have to worry about it.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
It's intonation. Take it to a luthier and have him take a look at it. If he can do anything and you care enough to pay him, have him do what he needs to for your guitar to sound good again.

Trust me, I know all about sentimental value. My first guitar is a Takamine G320. The very cheapest Takamine that was available at the time. It's all laminate, but it still sounds really nice. I love my guitar to death, and even though I'll get better guitars in the future, this gloss black chunk of plywood is never leaving my side
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray