Im in the middle of recording the guitars for an original song (Shure SM-57 to EDIROL UA-25 to Mac) and atm, all guitars are center panned, i want to pan the other guitarists parts left, and mine right, but when i do this, all volume is lost in the parts panned left.

Am i doing something wrong? Can i fix it?

Cheers
Love is my religion
Did you record the tracks in mono? If you did them in stereo, they'll most likely only be on one side of the stereo field.
Make sure you're on the panning option and not the volume. Obvious, but it happens.
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
Hey sometimes when I record into garageband the same thing happens. Try going to system preferences (NOT preferences in garageband) and then 'Sound' and see if the output is in the centre. Yours could be all the way on the right. It sounds simple but it always happens to me.
Quote by ArmyOfTheSun1
Hey sometimes when I record into garageband the same thing happens. Try going to system preferences (NOT preferences in garageband) and then 'Sound' and see if the output is in the centre. Yours could be all the way on the right. It sounds simple but it always happens to me.

This makes sence, cos later i was listening through headphones and one phone wasnt working, so i went to prefs and it was all the way to the right :P
Didnt use garageband after that though, is the panning to the right a problem with mac software :P
Love is my religion