Is it normal for laptops to get extremely hot? If you touch my vent its insanely hot. Mine only gets hot when I'm playing games. BTW I have A Sony Vaio, so can i keep doing this or will it like melt my computer lol?
If it does not burn you or what ever it is sitting on it is ok. You may need to check the vents for dust clogging. All laptops will run warm under heavy loads such as gaming.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 (selling soon to fund a Mark V)
Quote by ThatsAgood1jay
If it does not burn you or what ever it is sitting on it is ok. You may need to check the vents for dust clogging. All laptops will run warm under heavy loads such as gaming.

My vent holes are pretty small? so how would i clean it? just blow lol and hope it goes away?
mine gets really hot too. mainly because since we got wireless and my computer only half fits on the desk i have to sit on the couch, and i have my computer on my lap all the time, and my leg blocks the vents on my laptop and it gets really hot.

so i kinda have to half have my laptop on my and half have it off.. yeah..

I'm hoping for a new computer soon .
I am a washing machine. Do as I say.
It's fine, they all get pretty warm.

I heard people in the computer thread know a lot about computers though...
Quote by Filter
Get a laptop lap cooler, those things do wonders..

Absolutely recommend this. I've certainly heard of gaming laptops overheating and frying. Happened to a friend of mine, even. I think it's rather uncommon. But, I believe you can pick up one of those coolers for around $15. Cheap. So better safe than.. IMO.
Use a vacuum to clean out the vents. Make sure the laptop is off first
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Viaos are known to be hot running laptops. All laptops are going to be pretty damn hot when running a recent game.