my friends acoustic guitar hase devloped a buzz on the B and E strings which lasted until he went played on 2nd fret. i suggested he slacken the strings off and slide some card underneath the strings on the bridge and that seemed to fix it, however after an hour or so of playing it returned. readin on other threads theres mixed advice but it sounds like the 2nd fret is uneven, would it be a good idea to try sanding down that fret slightly?

BTW, its a pretty cheap acoustic, thrashed to buggery which probably doesnt help much but hes pretty skint atm so we need cheap ideas
Quote by Cutlass_253
Me: Why haven't we had sex yet?
My Girlfriend: We have...
Me: Oh...right...
My Girlfriend: Who the **** did you think you were talking to
Me: Gotta go, bye!

this game is lame.
how old are the strings on it?

my action is pretty low on my guitar so whenever my strings get to old and loose, i get fretbuzz on the first 3 frets of the B and E strings
hmm well the B string is quite old but the E string was replaced a few days ago and that is giving off the worst buzz

However it could be the strings as he says he's never had a problem with it. the guage would affect it too right?
Quote by Cutlass_253

this game is lame.
Quote by defective13
hmm well the B string is quite old but the E string was replaced a few days ago and that is giving off the worst buzz

However it could be the strings as he says he's never had a problem with it. the guage would affect it too right?

Yes, if you put strings that are too light on then it can just buzz like crazy.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Yes, if you put strings that are too light on then it can just buzz like crazy.

Alright we'll try replacing them (Y) thanks
Quote by Cutlass_253

this game is lame.