I want a very good quality guitar but one thats made for a metal or (thrash) sound. I've heard jacksons are really nice, have sweet distortion and and can pull off pinch harmonics very easily.... Is this true? Cus if so this is the guitar for me! (and they have a floid rose witch is great cus i dont buy a guitar with that....)

should i go with jackson for what i want?
i already have a schecter but it cant do a oinch harmic worth ****!!!!! and budget prolly maybe a lil over a thousand
id go for a RR5 (jackson)
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
A guitars brand name has little or no effect on the sound. Always remember that.

The "ease" of pinch harmonics and "sweet" distortion tones are almost wholly derived from your pickups, amp, and technique.

That being said, I think Jackson makes fine guitars, and some of the best neck profiles I have ever played were Jacksons.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
i already have a schecter but it cant do a oinch harmic worth ****!!!!! and budget prolly maybe a lil over a thousand

The guitar your using really has nothing to do with how well your pinch harmonics are going to sound. Maybe you should save your money, learn to type, and practice more.
You should learn pinch harmonics before getting a new guitar, they are possible on any guitar. Maybe change your strings if your having a really hard time.
Quote by djmcsheehy
what a jerk i dont type well cus someof my keys are broken!!!!

That doesn't make an excuse for your pinch harmonics
Quote by djmcsheehy

if you want to do a good pinch harmonic get a better amp, buy thicker gauge strings and PRACTICE more
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
hmmm, sounds to me like you're looking for an excuse to buy another guitar. not like there's anything wrong with that. but pinch harmonics can be done as easily on a schecter as on any of the other guitars so far mentioned.
hey, if you've got the money to burn that's fantastic. but maybe its just as simple as a pickup change.
or perhaps an amp upgrade... but then again i've heard really good PHs on Marshall MGs
Quote by djmcsheehy
what a jerk i dont type well cus someof my keys are broken!!!!

broken? but youv said like every letter of the alphabet in your last few posts?

anyways get a jackson JS kelly
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by USAPeavey
A guitars brand name has little or no effect on the sound. Always remember that.

The "ease" of pinch harmonics and "sweet" distortion tones are almost wholly derived from your pickups, amp, and technique.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by USAPeavey

That being said, I think Jackson makes fine guitars, and some of the best neck profiles I have ever played were Jacksons.

you don't even need good pickups or a good amp (unless your amp has no distortion) to do pinch harmonics. it's solely based on technique and picks (jazz 3's when your a noob otherwise it takes forever to learn how)
Quote by Tango616
broken? but youv said like every letter of the alphabet in your last few posts?

anyways get a jackson JS kelly

He has $1000+ to spend and you recommend a JS series?

There's definitely nothing wrong with Jacksons, I've got a couple of them and they're my main guitars. I prefer them over Ibanez. But you might want to try out some of those also. Maybe some Schecters too. Try out whatever you can within your price bracket and see what works for you.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
i dunno, jackson necks are pretty dam awesome tho
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Ibanez or Jackson I'd go with, thing is most jacksons have licensed floyd rose's, and the ones with OFR's are usually more than your budget. Around 1000 you can get a really good Ibanez with an Edge pro (not III) The Ibanez's have a more flat neck while the Jacksons are slight more rounded.
easy pinch harmonics? wtf? anyone can do pinch harmonics on an acoustic. it's about the tone of it, which comes from pickups. jackson is good, but just cuz it's jackson doesnt mean it's the right guitar.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by nan0
Ibanez or Jackson I'd go with, thing is most jacksons have licensed floyd rose's, and the ones with OFR's are usually more than your budget. Around 1000 you can get a really good Ibanez with an Edge pro (not III) The Ibanez's have a more flat neck while the Jacksons are slight more rounded.

+1.

Although you might be able to find a lower end Soloist on ebay within your budget.

Thats the only qualm I have with Jackson guitars, is that there aren't a whole lot of Mid-priced or "lower-high-end" guitars. You don't really get into the good stuff (IMO) with Jackson until you check out the Soloists, customs, or signature guitars.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by ironman1478
you don't even need good pickups or a good amp (unless your amp has no distortion) to do pinch harmonics. it's solely based on technique and picks (jazz 3's when your a noob otherwise it takes forever to learn how)

it's not solely based on technique. granted, technique is the major part (if you can't do PHs it won't matter what your gear is), but some gear will work better for PHs than others. if i plug different guitars into the same amp, or if i change amp, the pinches will ring out better with some than others, and i'm not changing my technique.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?