Page 1 of 2
Every time i have a guitar i get the famous "play me something" BS. What song would shut up these people?

Keep in mind that i am not that good and i play metal, and rock.

Thanks!
-Auston
There was only one Andres Segovia
Not just at music stores... in front of my friends. I don't want to wimp out.
There was only one Andres Segovia
If you don't feel like playing something, don't. Whatever you play, they'll just wanna' see more of.
tell them "No u"
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
if its an old person play a little bit of Greensleeves the kick your wall of doom into overdrive, switch it to 11 and blow off their faces!

THis is how Tsotsi757 can be full of win.
Quote by -tempest-
No u....c*nt?

quite.
My Gear:
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Quote by -tempest-
indeed

*smokes pipe*
My Gear:
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Play the main riff of Metallica's "Blackened".

Or Dream Theater's "Constant Motion" solo.

They will headbang or S*** THEIR PANTS IN FEAR.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

i always tell those people to f*** off if i'm not plugged in, and if i am, i start with a harmonic and squeal with my floyd rose, then proceed to blow their eardrums while they're complaining it's too loud.
It depends on the people.

If they're metal heads, I play bluegrass.
If they're emo/scene, I play jazz.
If they're rednecks, I play death metal.
If they're into grunge or punk, I shred.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
I just play N.I.B. by Black Sabbath. Can't quite play the solo perfectly (the part after the 15th fret and 12th fret note group) or the ending solo, but I can make up my own **** for the first mentioned part and I dont even bother with the last part.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by Echoplex
very yes

*inhales out of satisfaction.

+1

*waits until he thinks the camera is off and then picks his nose violently
I would improv! Not the best idea but other than that i would play any riff to songs people normally would not listen to (Someone in the US in GC playing songs by a spanish talking band, HEY! Who would guess?),
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Lol why are you guys so hostile? If I saw someone with a violin I'd certainly ask to hear them play. If you guys hate playing in front of people then well, good luck. I usually just play them some John Mayer which I love. And if I see they're more into Hard Rock and Metal and what have you, then I could just always play them some older classic rock songs, i.e. Led Zeppelin type stuff.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Quote by Anything Goes
Lol why are you guys so hostile? If I saw someone with a violin I'd certainly ask to hear them play. If you guys hate playing in front of people then well, good luck. I usually just play them some John Mayer which I love. And if I see they're more into Hard Rock and Metal and what have you, then I could just always play them some older classic rock songs, i.e. Led Zeppelin type stuff.

I don't mind playing in front of people, but when people as me to play **** it's like always when I'm in a store, and I'm not there to ****ing play for somebody.

I've played in several bands, I really enjoy playing live for a crowd, but that ****'s irritating. I hate it when people tell me to play something like that.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
Quote by Tsotsi757
Every time i have a guitar i get the famous "play me something" BS. What song would shut up these people?

Keep in mind that i am not that good and i play metal, and rock.

Thanks!
-Auston

Ignore them, the guitar isn't a shortcut to social acceptance...neither is playing it a competition.

If you like music and enjoy playing the instrument then play it, if you're just doing it to make friends and influence people then you're playing for the wrong reasons.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
some sweeping is nice, or Master of Puppets.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
"Vomited Anal Tract" by Carcass
That should stop it...
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
If you don't want to play for them, learn a really wussy song and play it over and over until they leave you alone.
Its as Steven_Seagull said. If you're playing cause they want you to, don't. Play cause you want to.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
If it's acoustic, I just play chords and stuff because none of the songs I know sound that good on an acoustic.

On electric, it's Never Too Late (Three Days Grace) if I can be pissed to downtune my E to D (yeah, I'm lazy, I know it) and if I'm in standard, it's either Enter Sandman, Welcome to the Jungle or some other easy thing (I play worse in front of people so I just choose easy songs I know).

Hope that helps.
Just play something you like, even if you do some things wrong, it's not that they'll notice. They only care about you sitting there and play.
Smoke on the waters Intro, Over and over and over again, They'll leave.
do what i do when it happens to me, play your own cover of black sabbaths Paranoid, it usually satisfies them and they go away.....but then you have the ones that stick around asking you for more.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by steven seagull
Ignore them, the guitar isn't a shortcut to social acceptance...neither is playing it a competition.

If you like music and enjoy playing the instrument then play it, if you're just doing it to make friends and influence people then you're playing for the wrong reasons.
Agreed!

I think that would be profitable/good for the long term.

Quote by Snap017
Play the main riff of Metallica's "Blackened".

Or Dream Theater's "Constant Motion" solo.

They will headbang or SHIT THEIR PANTS IN FEAR.
*fixed*
Quote by HorsemanOfDeath
i always tell those people to fuck off if i'm not plugged in, and if i am, i start with a harmonic and squeal with my floyd rose, then proceed to blow their eardrums while they're complaining it's too loud.
*fixed*

Quote by heretic-clown
do what i do when it happens to me, play your own cover of black sabbaths Paranoid, it usually satisfies them and they go away.....but then you have the ones that stick around asking you for more.

tell them that you're a beginner and only know paranoid

they'll call you a noob and go home to play guitar hero
Quote by dbl93100
play the riffs everyone knows/wants to hear.
smoke on the water, back in black, iron man

+1
-Jake Blackwood
Page 1 of 2