Page 1 of 2
just saw it today, and It maybe one of the best movies ive ever seen. any thoughts? anyone else seen it?

and please..dont make this a spoiler thread..this is just for opinions of the movie.
I want to see this movie SO BAD. Clint Eastwood is such an amazing actor and director. One of the best ever.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
The wife of Walt Kowalski (Clint Eastwood), a Korean war veteran, has just died. At the funeral, he bristles at Father Janovichs (Christopher Carley) shallow eulogy. He has no patience for his two sons and grandchildren, who he sees as spoiled.

Walt lives in a changing Detroit neighborhood, one that is dominated by immigrants. He calls his Hmong neighbors "barbarians." A Hmong street gang peer-pressures Walt's neighbor, Thao Vang Lor (Bee Vang), to steal his prized 1972 Gran Torino car, but Walt interrupts the robbery and Thao runs away.

This incident leads to Thao working for Walt to make amends and Walt teaching him how to be a man. Walt also comes to be friends with his Hmong neighbors and to appreciate their culture. Eventually, because the Hmong gang keeps pressuring Thao to join them, the Hmong gang and Walt have several bloody conflicts -- leading to a final showdown between them and him. Walt knowingly allows himself to be murdered, which results in the arrest of the entire gang. With the gang off the streets, Thao finally has a chance to grow up a decent man. In his will, Walt leaves his Gran Torino not to his spoiled ungrateful granddaughter, but to Thao.
Last edited by Filter at Jan 2, 2009,
I want to see it. He's so great and it's awesome that he's still doing so well at his age. That said, every time he talks I get the feeling he might crap his pants at any moment. If he does this in this movie, please don't tell me. I want to be surprised.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
My uncle's friend gave it to him, so I'm gonna watch it tomorrow

>_>

<_<
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
*reported* but anyways..i thought that it was the best movie hes made. i liked million dollar baby and no country for old men..but it was nothing like this. i SERIOSLY reccomend it.
Absolutely amazing movie. It really interacts with the viewer.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Yeah, this is something that actually caught my interest.

It looks like Clint Eastwood doing what he did best, intimidating.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Actually, i've seen it. It was pretty good, the ending was a tad sketchy.. but Did I just get reported?
Quote by Filter

IM AN ASSHOLE
*SPOILERS*

..Dick.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Hey, you didn't have to read it. You could take one glance at it and notice it was a Spoiler. I laugh at you..

Quote by Filter
Hey, you didn't have to read it. You could take one glance at it and notice it was a Spoiler. I laugh at you..

ive seen the movie. i simply asked for people NOT to give spoilers so that those who havent seen it wont be disapointed. but clearly some things are too difficult for you.
Quote by HIM%(^
ive seen the movie. i simply asked for people NOT to give spoilers so that those who havent seen it wont be disapointed. but clearly some things are too difficult for you.

No not difficult, I just felt like doing it.
I've never really cared for Clint Eastwood.

My friend has a rip of the movie, and has watched it, and he said he liked it, but, overall, I don't really have much interest.

None of Eastwood's movies have ever REALLY interested me, at least. I respect him as an actor and a filmmaker, but I probably won't see this movie.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by CFH82
My uncle's friend gave it to him, so I'm gonna watch it tomorrow

>_>

<_<

*BOOM*

FBI!
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
I ****in love Clint Eastwood

Blood Work=amazing Movie

Can't wait to see this one
I torrented it a couple days ago, and it's literally the best movie i've ever seen. Reccommend it to everyone.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
clint is one of my favs. ill see it soon.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I want to see this! I already know it is going to be awesome.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Saw it yesterday. I thought it was really great. Clint is such a fucking badass.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by HIM%(^
*reported* but anyways..i thought that it was the best movie hes made. i liked million dollar baby and no country for old men..but it was nothing like this. i SERIOSLY reccomend it.

what does no country for old men have to do with this movie?
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Quote by Filter
The wife of Walt Kowalski (Clint Eastwood), a Korean war veteran, has just died. At the funeral, he bristles at Father Janovichs (Christopher Carley) shallow eulogy. He has no patience for his two sons and grandchildren, who he sees as spoiled.

Walt lives in a changing Detroit neighborhood, one that is dominated by immigrants. He calls his Hmong neighbors "barbarians." A Hmong street gang peer-pressures Walt's neighbor, Thao Vang Lor (Bee Vang), to steal his prized 1972 Gran Torino car, but Walt interrupts the robbery and Thao runs away.

This incident leads to Thao working for Walt to make amends and Walt teaching him how to be a man. Walt also comes to be friends with his Hmong neighbors and to appreciate their culture. Eventually, because the Hmong gang keeps pressuring Thao to join them, the Hmong gang and Walt have several bloody conflicts -- leading to a final showdown between them and him. Walt knowingly allows himself to be murdered, which results in the arrest of the entire gang. With the gang off the streets, Thao finally has a chance to grow up a decent man. In his will, Walt leaves his Gran Torino not to his spoiled ungrateful granddaughter, but to Thao.

Hah, beat me to it.
Movie showed me how funny racism truly can be...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
Movie showed me how funny racism truly can be...

"Get me another beer, dragonlady!"
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
i saw it over the weekend best movie ive seen in a L0NG time. walt reminds me of my grandpa... without all the violence
This movie was absolutely amazing.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by fallenangel20
I've never really cared for Clint Eastwood.

My friend has a rip of the movie, and has watched it, and he said he liked it, but, overall, I don't really have much interest.

None of Eastwood's movies have ever REALLY interested me, at least. I respect him as an actor and a filmmaker, but I probably won't see this movie.

Don't worry, you're not missing anything. The movie is awful.

First of all its like a Clint Eastwood parody with Clint stumbling around growling, grunting and hurling racist slurs at the Asian people next door. It's really quite funny. Then as the story unfolds its this boring, predictable story with the kid next door and gangs. It's such an uninteresting and generic situation that it seems like an episode of Law & Order. Then of course Clint changes his racist ways by befriending the kid and then sacrificing himself for him, but you can see it coming from a mile off so you're just about bored to death by the time this happens. The film concludes with this terrible song "Gran Torino" and that really is the nail on the coffin.

It also features some hilariously bad acting by the kid next door.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
It was a really good movie. Except I can't really tell what type of movie it's supposed to be.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
AWESOME movie.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Excellent film, it engrosses you and the character development was great. Clint is the man. Definitely one of the better movies of the last few years.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It's a great film. And he has some really good lines:

"In Korea we used to stack fucks like you 5feet high, use you for sandbags".

"Get off my lawn"

"You know every once in a while, you come across someone you shouldn't have fucked with. Thats me!"

And Clint's grunting was pretty intense.
Quote by HIM%(^

I do believe that was done by the Coen brothers, not Clit Hard wood.
i saw it yesterday. definitely not the best movie ever made, but worth the watch. embarrassing for me a white person to hear the fucking moronic wasps in the audience laugh everytime clint eastwood uses a racial slur. yeah, pretty funny when he calls someone a "gook" the first time, the thirtieth time, you're just laughing because of your deep-seeded racism. the exchanges with the barber were good though. the plot was predictable, though not uninspiring. the climax was extremely disappointing. not because it was particularly poor (though it wasn't great), but because it shows dirty harry has finally let his real-life pacifism make him a pussy in the movies. it was kind of hard to get over clint eastwood doing a parody of himself when he was still a tough guy, what with his batman grunting and his angry old man face. half the time i was laughing even though i was supposed to be taking him seriously. however, the atmosphere was a very unique one. it all feels very small scale and intimate and therefore very engrossing. i have to give eastwood lots of credit for that.

overall:

6-7 out of 10
Just saw it an hour ago.

One of my favourite ever movies. Hilarious, and in my opinion, a great climax.
I felt really sad when at the end; the main character developed so much throughout the movie, and to see what happened when it did was saddening.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Page 1 of 2