let me start off by saying how great of a guitar this is

i dont have a problem though, and if you own one of these please let me know if yours is like this.

in the store when i played mine, the back of the neck felt idk like their was something on it, but only when id slide my hand down it, i just figured their was something on it (which was dumb of me) and tried wiping it off when i got home, however it was just the same as before that, whenever i slide my hand down it feels like if you have a coffee table and theirs something on it when you slide your hand over it kind of slows your hand.

is it my model, or is it just the way the guitars necks are, its not a huge problem but for $1200 this shouldnt be happening.
How long have you had the guitar and how long have you been feeling this? I don't know how to help you, but that information might lead someone else to be able to help you.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
i've noticed it from day one, i just figured their was some grease or something on the neck, so after wiping it down i still notice that when i slide down it, it gives that squeek type feel, im not sure how else to describe it, its very unsmooth
If you look down the neck, does it LOOK off? If it looks fine, but feels wrong, it may be cheap finish on the neck.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Thats really wierd... Can you feel the grain of the wood through the finish? That may be what you are feeling.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
i love mine, sweet singing tone. especially on neck pickup. for solos/leads the sound on the middle switch and treble pickup is too trebly so i have to turn the treble pickup's tone down to like 7.

that's why i love the neck pickup. so full sounding.

anyway i don't really understand your problem. it feels like a coffee table?
all i can say is that the neck gets wider as you go up the neck.
Does your neck feel sticky? Because I'm pretty sure you got "sticky neck". Most Gibsons ( due to the nitro finish) have this problem ( even my custom shop Gibby does).

You want to know how to remove it? You sure?

Then here it goes:

Read the whole thread

It's unorthodox, but it works.
people are getting confused lol, if u ever have spilled something on a table and u feel smooth wood and then like almost a sticky feel, thats kind of it, idk maybe its just the neck but when i run my hand down it, its not the slippy smooth feel, its like rubber, like your hand almost stops or you have to kind force slide your hand
Yes, you have sticky neck. Read the thread link in my post.

You can rub naphta (lighter fluid) and wipe off the neck, or you can just rub it with a cloth and keep it out of it's case after playing.
love mine to pieces. although its still in one piece thankfully. Anywho, nothing is wrong with my neck, it plays beautifully.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203