i just came into $200 and i've decided to spend it on some new pickups.
i have 2 strats and they both have some pretty crappy single coil pickups in them.
what kind of single coil pickups does UG recommend?

P.S. i also have a new amp from x-mas
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Last edited by Sakattack75 at Jan 2, 2009,
Check out pickups from rockmonkeyguitars.com. They are handwound by a UGer, and are supposed to be fantastic. Also, look at Lindy Fralin pickups.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Check out pickups from rockmonkeyguitars.com. They are handwound by a UGer, and are supposed to be fantastic. Also, look at Lindy Fralin pickups.

yea try them you get 10%off everything you buy
and what amp do you have??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
yea try them you get 10%off everything you buy
and what amp do you have??

JCM 800 Combo my aunt got me from ebay
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Sakattack75
JCM 800 Combo my aunt got me from ebay

WOW nice of your auntie to buy you that amp
how much did it cost her??

on topic what is your budget for your pickups??
ediT i didnt see your budget on your first post
try some bareknuckles the miracle man is a great pickup but its a humbucker , i couldnt suggest you any single coil bareknuckles cuz i never tried single coil bare knuckles

pm the guy who handmade the pickups and i think he will give you a great advice
and check his site
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 2, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
WOW nice of your auntie to buy you that amp
how much did it cost her??

on topic what is your budget for your pickups??

i think she said $750
it needed new tubes and was pretty old lookin but i fixed her up
my budget is $200
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
you can get some EMGs for under 200 if you buy them seperatley or if you dnt mind playing tax the Zakk Wylde EMGs are right at 200
Quote by AbTT
you can get some EMGs for under 200 if you buy them seperatley or if you dnt mind playing tax the Zakk Wylde EMGs are right at 200

im buying for a 2 strats
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
For what it's worth, I would probably buy for just one strat, for now. You'll probably be better off having one guitar with great pickups than 2 guitars with mediocre pickups.

But my suggestions still stand...

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
No one's asked... what kind of music are you into?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by TNfootballfan62
For what it's worth, I would probably buy for just one strat, for now. You'll probably be better off having one guitar with great pickups than 2 guitars with mediocre pickups.

But my suggestions still stand...

but i only need one set of pickups
both the strats are HSS and i proly won't be using the middle pickup that often
so ill just stick the neck and middle pickup in the neck positions and the bridge pickup in the middle position of on of them
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by SlinkyBlue
No one's asked... what kind of music are you into?

blues, rock and metal
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by Sakattack75
but i only need one set of pickups
both the strats are HSS and i proly won't be using the middle pickup that often
so ill just stick the neck and middle pickup in the neck positions and the bridge pickup in the middle position of on of them

Why would you do that? The middle pickup on strats is awesome.

EDIT: Blues, Rock AND Metal? Well. Good luck with that one. It's best to choose one or the other.

I have CS69s in my strat, sounds great for Hendrix / Gilmour. And the middle pickup sounds fantastic. Perfect strat quack.
-Jim Morrison
That works, I guess. If you ordered from rockmonkeyguitars.com, you could probably custom order a set of 3 pickups, 2 wound to neck specs and 1 wound to middle specs of whatever set you decide to go for.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Why would you do that? The middle pickup on strats is awesome.

EDIT: Blues, Rock AND Metal? Well. Good luck with that one. It's best to choose one or the other.

I have CS69s in my strat, sounds great for Hendrix / Gilmour. And the middle pickup sounds fantastic. Perfect strat quack.

but if they're noiseless, they'll work fine for metal
but who uses the neck pickup in metal?
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by TNfootballfan62
That works, I guess. If you ordered from rockmonkeyguitars.com, you could probably custom order a set of 3 pickups, 2 wound to neck specs and 1 wound to middle specs of whatever set you decide to go for.

alrite, i'll check out those pickups
is there any vids or something to check out the sounds
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by Sakattack75
but if they're noiseless, they'll work fine for metal
but who uses the neck pickup in metal?

Lots of people, just not for rhythm. Roll the neck pup tone back a little bit with some heavy distortion... its a great shred tone.

And alright, I just wouldn't reccomend that personally.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Lots of people, just not for rhythm. Roll the neck pup tone back a little bit with some heavy distortion... its a great shred tone.

And alright, I just wouldn't reccomend that personally.

well, heres what im doing
i already have a RG with 81/85's in it
thats my main standard guitar
one of my strats is my backup and will be used for cleaner songs (blues, jazz, etc.)
the other strat is my Eb guitar
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
I'm not sure about a good way to find soundclips for them, but they'd be worth hunting down. The UGer that makes them knows his stuff and I'm sure only puts out the best pickups.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by Sakattack75
im buying for a 2 strats

EMG makes single coils
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I'm not sure about a good way to find soundclips for them, but they'd be worth hunting down. The UGer that makes them knows his stuff and I'm sure only puts out the best pickups.

i guess i'll have to check around for some of his buyers and ask them
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by AbTT
EMG makes single coils

i tried them
didn't care for them
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by AbTT
EMG makes single coils

I really was not impressed when I played them.

My family friend put EMG single coils into an ORIGINAL 70s stratocaster. I was indignant when I saw it. Even more indignant when I played it.
-Jim Morrison
i like [url="http://www.bg-pups.com/index.htmlbg pickups[/url"]. nice tone, and they are pretty affordable. with $200 and a HSS guitar for blues-y stuff, i would go for a V60 in the neck and then either the BG bucker (or dark) or the smoke stack in the bridge. you could still afford another single coil for the middle if you wanted, but if you arent going to ever use it then maybe just stick with the stock pickup for now. that would be your second guitar, then get some guitarfetish pickups on the cheap for your guitar you play least. you can get an ok set of pickups from them for not much money, but they wont be as good as something that costs a good deal more (duh).

thats probably what i would do in your situation, unless i decided to just upgrade the one guitar and not worry about the second one for now.