Can someone explain to me why Axl's voice's quality fluctuates so violently? In videos like this, I'm glad that at least his voice remains on Chinese Democracy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3NNvl76HnQ

But then there is stuff like this that sounds like he's stealing, raping, murdering and eating the crowds souls, vocals that makes me wonder why Chinese Democracy wasn't instrumental;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZubjXW6wHw

How is it he can sound like crap one minute and have the voice you hear on recordings the next?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
You just put your fist in your ass and you'll definitely sing like him.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
on tour singers voices get trashed. that first vid was obviously much earlier when they were still hitting clubs, so they were full out touring yet, so his voice didnt get so much abuse. the second vid looks a little bit later, though not too much since duff is still in the band, but theyve obviously been on tour a while
NOPE
Wow he actually sounds like god being punched on the dick on the second video!

I've never liked his voice; it's not bad...just...

...I don't like his voice for the same reason some people don't like Daron Malakian's.
Quote by Josh Shiells
I've never liked his voice; it's not bad...just...

...I don't like his voice for the same reason some people don't like Daron Malakian's.

Because Daron Malakian actually sounds like he's being raped by a Gorilla?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's an amazing guitarist and I do LOVE SOAD, but damn his voice is so ****ing annoying sometimes...

that 2nd video was one of the funniest things i've ever heard.

thank you, this is cumming from the bottom of my heart and ateries.

Axl is... well Axl. That is the only reason behind the madness.
Quote by Pertenozzo
Because Daron Malakian actually sounds like he's being raped by a Gorilla?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's an amazing guitarist and I do LOVE SOAD, but damn his voice is so ****ing annoying sometimes...

Man, I love Darons voice, and Axls, but I can also see why you could hate both of them, basically Marmite.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
that's what being a douchebag will do to you.

but seriously he just has that type of whiny voice, works for him sometimes and others liek above... not so much.