Im not new at all to barre chords, but lately I have been using some different chords, and many of them are some long stretches, which really puts stress on my wrist. I can do it comfortably, but there are small amounts of buz from not pushing it down enough. Do you think that just practicing these barre chords, trying to make them perfect (ringing out, without ANY buz) will benefit me and work up my strength in my hand and wrist, or will it just kill my wrist?
Your wrist will be fine. I am running into the same trouble... But just keep at it!
There was only one Andres Segovia
Just keep practicing. Try different sitting and hand positions. Eventually they'll all come effortlessly.

**Edit**
I tend to play with my guitar neck at an outward angle.
Try making a fist, slowly opening it then placing it on the guitar neck.. angling the guitar until it matches the natural shape of your fingers/palm.
Last edited by Ekofu at Jan 2, 2009,
I'd say just keep trying to do the chord.. but not a whole bunch of times at once if it's hurting your wrist.
Whenever I first tried to do a C chord it messed with my fingers.. I just couldn't get my head around it, so every once in a while i'd try to do it again then eventually I just got used to it.

I mean, the chord your doing is probably more complicated than a C.. i'm just giving an example
Quote by Nevermind1299
Whenever I first tried to do a C chord it messed with my fingers.. I just couldn't get my head around it, so every once in a while i'd try to do it again then eventually I just got used to it.

Summed up: It's a mind over matter thing. Once it gets into your brain, it's all good.

**Yet another edit**
OP, Post some of the chords you've been having trouble with.
Yea just keep playing I had the same problem your wrist will strech out with time.