So pit, I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop. Everything is exactly as it was the day I got it. No upgrades, nothing.

I would like to know how to get the best possible performance out of it for games like Left 4 Dead, Return To Castle Wolfenstein, etc, for the lowest possible cost.

Thanks.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
What kind of processor do you have?
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Why do people come to us when they can easily get a answer from google?
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
Quote by punkrocker10115
What kind of processor do you have?

Intel Pentium Dual Core T3200 (2.0GHz/667Mhz FSB/1MB cache)
Quote by Survivalism
Step 1) Read the specs for those games.
Step 2) Have betters specs than that.

So far, the best guide to Specs tweaking ever.

HANDS DOWN!
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Close every program possible, and every process (if you know whats safe to close and whats not to; otherwise don't do this) possible to ensure maximum RAM is available. The more RAM the better. The video card often borrows space from the system's RAM so it can have more video RAM. This will also ensure your game is getting the most out of the processor, so other programs aren't hogging it, so you won't lag.
Quote by RPGoof
Close every program possible, and every process (if you know whats safe to close and whats not to; otherwise don't do this) possible to ensure maximum RAM is available. The more RAM the better. The video card often borrows space from the system's RAM so it can have more video RAM. This will also ensure your game is getting the most out of the processor, so other programs aren't hogging it, so you won't lag.

Close, or delete every program possible?

So...buy a shitload of ram, then?