I was browsing musiciansfriend today, looking for a big amp, and i came across two peaveys i liked. i still have to save quite substansially for it and wanted some opinions.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=485058&base_pid=485059
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
You liked them based on what? Looks? If you want real suggestions you'll have to give a budget and what type of music you play.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by iron_maiden97
I was browsing musiciansfriend today, looking for a big amp, and i came across two peaveys i liked. i still have to save quite substansially for it and wanted some opinions.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=485058&base_pid=485059

i would take a b-52 or a used XXX over both of them
and yea genres you play??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
what kind of music do you play?

budget?

do you gig or do you play in your room?

what gear do you use?

kinda hard to suggest options without any info
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by TDS
what kind of music do you play?

budget?

do you gig or do you play in your room?

what gear do you use?

kinda hard to suggest options without any info

i play blues, grunge, rock and metal

probably about 1000 without tax for budget

atm, im playing in my room but within the next couple months i hope to be gigging

i am currently using a fender 12 string and a strat ripoff through a fender bullet practice amp
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
maybe a peavey classic 30? you would probably need an od/distortion pedal for metal.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
You don't need a 4 x 12 to gig, any gig that a combo won't be loud enough will mic you. As for the amps you chose, for 1000, you can do much better than a valveking. I would go with a classic 30 or 50 and then get a nice overdrive/distortion pedal. If not a peavey classic, maybe a traynor or something? there a bunch in that price range that seem to be good
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
The Classics won't do convincing metal with an OD. I'm having trouble putting my finger on an amp for $1000 that does blues to metal very well. Do you have a priority?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...