I find it to be the hardest thing to do. When i play guitar its hard but when i play bass its slightly eaiser.
Any tips?
wrong forum,

but just don't try it unless u can play both the guitar or bass, and the vocals perfectly, then just practice putting them together
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
The normal answer would be to tap your foot while you're playing at the same time or watch TV while you're playing to distract yourself that way you'll learn to multi-task while playing
i hear you on this one, i can barely keep up with both singing and playing but i cant play and sing songs like "Broken" by Seether or "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down without fumbling here and there. i never tried with bass but im not much a bassist to begin with too.

but for me, just practicing will get me into the habit of doing both at the same time
Quote by Nevermind1299
The normal answer would be to tap your foot while you're playing at the same time or watch TV while you're playing to distract yourself that way you'll learn to multi-task while playing

i'd go with this, learn to play so you don't even have to look at your instrument, once you can do that just slowly learn, if its too hard then don't try it because you'll just look even worse
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
The general advice is to get one part down PAT, i.e. be able to sing or play the part without even thinking twice about it. Once that's down, slowly add in the words. Note when certain words fall on the strong accents in the song, if that makes sense. Eventually you'll get it, it's very hard to do. I play a lot of Trivium-style riffs and sing, so that's what I usually do.

Also, singing thread :P
You'll probably find that there are certain sections that are much harder than others on a particular song, so just loop those sections and work them over and over again like a rented mule and you'll get it!
Are You the Next Guitar Hero?
Master the Guitar Step by Step
Start off by finding a song with a vocal melody that is in synch with the guitar (notes change same time chords do). Just find a simple song and master it. Then find more simple songs. Move up to slightly harder songs and just practice for hours.

4 months ago I couldn't give a yes or no reply to someone while playing guitar. I now do most of the singing in my band. No tricks or secrets, just start simple and practice heaps.

Good Riddance was the first song I could really sing along with.
see i find it easier to play guitar and sing than bass, i tend to lose time on bass. and i also play guitar better while singing than i do without singing