In 16th notes, What is the fastest BPM you can go?

The Fastest Ive gotten is this:
-0-2-3-5- In 16ths At 240BPM. I went at 120BPM and played the piece in 32nd notes, which is equivilent to 16ths at 240BMP

I Know there isn't alot of point going that fast, but you sometimes wonder these things.

How fast can you get legibly?
I got 16 down the fretboard and 18 alternate picking on one note.

and i did that 0-2-3-5 thing 4 times in second.
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Last edited by allislost at Jan 3, 2009,
Why don't you just rename this thread "Hey everyone I have a huge dick"?
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Does anyone remember the middle-eastern guy, with youtube vids, that could play 16's at 300bpm? He had the most god-awful music for someone that practices so much...
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Seriously, who cares? It is a lot more impressive to be able to pull off some crazy string skipping, sliding, stretchy lick at 120 bpm than rolling your fingers at 8000 bpm.
I suppose there is no harm in knowing your top speed. I vaguely remember doing something like

-0-2-3-5-0-3-5-7-0-5-7-8-0-7-8-10-etc

kinda similar to yours, at around 138, 32nd notes. But it wasn't a pretty sight. Massive tension. I'm lucky I didn't hurt myself. I pretty quickly realised this was completely useless. Like how likely was it that I was going to write a song at 138 bpm and play in 32th notes (or 276, and play in 16ths)?

I look at it more this way these days...lets say I can play a simple lick at 220 bpm (that's all I can play that fast). If I worked my butt off to get it up to 240, that lick doesnt become any more useful, because it's really unlikely that there are many song writing scenarios where 240 is a good speed for the song, but 220 is too slow. But lets say I have a really cool, but very difficult lick that I can only play at 100 bpm. To me, working on that lick to get it up to say, 120, is worth it because there are many scenarios where 120 might be a good tempo for a song, but 100 is too slow. So then that lick becomes usable in more scenarios.
Last edited by se012101 at Jan 3, 2009,
Let's hear a recording, maybe ur sloppy as hell.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by ramm_ty

I thought that was the point of this thread. He's trying to make up for it by playing fast.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
In 16th notes, What is the fastest BPM you can go?

The Fastest Ive gotten is this:
-0-2-3-5- In 16ths At 240BPM. I went at 120BPM and played the piece in 32nd notes, which is equivilent to 16ths at 240BMP

I Know there isn't alot of point going that fast, but you sometimes wonder these things.

How fast can you get legibly?

Why do you care - it's not like it's a particularly useful skill you're developing there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Bornlivedie UK
This.

To the TS, give this a shot: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yUIZWTAt-F8
Proof that technicallity does NOT equal good music. Even Vai would have trouble with that one, but why would he bother?

Quote by ramm_tv
I do have a massive dick, but (just like T/S) I'm not going to post any proof.

This thread is derailing down the spam tracks...
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by steven seagull
Why do you care - it's not like it's a particularly useful skill you're developing there.

^ + 1 How fast you can play something like that will likely not translate into being able to play that fast in a musical setting.

TS, if you're going to focus on speed, why not see how fast you can play an actual musical passage.... like a melody/phrase.....something you can apply musically.
shred is gaudy music