Page 1 of 4
I've seen this before...Kinda odd, but sure, i'll bite.

What messed up names they have..Asmodeus? Moloch? Donner?
Quote by severed-metal

"I found these names in a super duper uber des mysteriis satanic rite ritual scripture book."
Quote by metal Lover
"I found these names in a super duper uber des mysteriis satanic rite ritual scripture book."

I think the son rides a motorbike, to be honest, I swear to god I heard on e-talk, don't ask, that he had a book like that.
This fad will soon pass. And if it doesn't, then I feel horribly sorry for Nicholas Cage.
I've found Jesus
Quote by severed-metal

They should get a keyboardist called Blitzen.
Quote by severed-metal

Kebabs are gr1m.
Quote by Magero

My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by Contraband
This fad will soon pass. And if it doesn't, then I feel horribly sorry for Nicholas Cage.

Well, judging by how long Nicholas Cage's Elvis obsession went on for...

Uh oh.
Quote by Magero

I was gonna say something almost identical to that, til I read your comment.

Damn you and you always being here!
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
He found an interest in the music. Metal is there for anyone who can appreciate it I suppose.
The kid is trying to create some art and took up music so fair play to him.

The names are so cringeworthy though...
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Last edited by 11thHour at Jan 3, 2009,
Now I hate Nicholas Cage even more.

'ehhh durrrrr IM CASTOR TROY hurr hur'
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by blue_strat
What is it with UG and famous actors' sons?

I know! It's ridiculous!

....Did you hear John Travolta's son died after hitting his head during a seizure while on holiday in the Bahamas!!!! OMG!!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Quote by 11thHour
He found an interest in the music. Metal is there for anyone who can appreciate it.
The kid is trying to create some art and took up music so fair play to him.

The names are cringeworthy though...

Agreed, on both counts.

And hey, it's not like he's being all trendy and gimmicky about it. You don't see him using his name to get them on MTV or anything like that.

If he was just doing it for money or something, he definitely wouldn't have picked Black metal.
Quote by Delanoir
Agreed, on both counts.

And hey, it's not like he's being all trendy and gimmicky about it. You don't see him using his name to get them on MTV or anything like that.

If he was just doing it for money or something, he definitely wouldn't have picked Black metal.

True about the money.

But he wouldn't get it on MTV if any circumstance unless something happens to him and they need a clip to roll for him. Or if his dad is promoting a film, and he's in the UK or Ireland (cause over here they take the piss out of everyone - Jonathan Ross or Graham Norton would love to play something like this).

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

As much as I like black metal, I have to feel kind of bad for how people (who know about it) must rag on Nick Cage. Especially in the media.

Having lived in LA for a short while, I can assure you they are absolutely brutal, and use everything they can to get a rise out of celebrities. Especially when its something as crazy to them as black metal.

But yeah, I also just meant that it's good to see his son not using his connections to try and make them all super mainstream and sellable.
On the plus side, he's rich.

So he can still spend loads of money getting great equipment, studio time and producers.

Wait a second, what genre did he pick again...?

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Nice.

That said, I never did get the obsession within black metal for absolutely horrible production.

It's one thing if you have no other choice, and just do it anyway. That's cool. But I can't imagine specifically trying to make it sound as bad as possible. That's not kvlt, it's just dumb.
I agree. For example, I like KoK for, among other reasons, their good production.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Quote by Magero

Classic.

edit: I rarely listen to poorly produced Black Metal. It sounds horrible, and is not really kvlt or gr1m at all. I'm actually really glad Bathory got their first few albums remastered, their older recordings were TORRID
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Last edited by Firenze at Jan 3, 2009,
Yeah man, even though people associate BM with really distorted high treble sounds and think thats what makes it effective I believe its the opposite! I think really bassy/low gain sounds work much better in Black Metal. Ordo Ad Chao, Later Akercocke and Enslaved is testament to that.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
This is old, I remember a thread about this ages ago
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by 11thHour
Yeah man, even though people associate BM with really distorted high treble sounds and think thats what makes it effective I believe its the opposite! I think really bassy/low gain sounds work much better in Black Metal. Ordo Ad Chao, Later Akercocke and Enslaved is testament to that.

Exactly.

And nothing screams grim and godless like a Parker Fly through a Hughes & Kettner.
His band is gay.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Weak. You can't play black metal from the heart when you were born and raised into a multi-millionaire family. His ****ty Dimmu Borgir ripoff band is testament to that.
Quote by AzureNight
Weak. You can't play black metal from the heart when you were born and raised into a multi-millionaire family. His ****ty Dimmu Borgir ripoff band is testament to that.

Oh yes. Because a kid from the Br00Tal and tr00 hessian plains of ONTARIO CANADA knows what it truly takes to make REAL black metal.

Please. Grow up. Anyone can have a passion for a certain form of music, regardless of their background. Whether or not you like them or you consider their music good is an entirely separate matter.
I was actually surprised that the band doesn't suck. I mean, they're not great or anything, but they sounded decent on the recording, and the vocals were actually really good.
Quote by Delanoir

But yeah, I also just meant that it's good to see his son not using his connections to try and make them all super mainstream and sellable.

I agree, I doubt Nic Cage would have much influence in the realms of Black Metal, I can't see him sitting down with Necrobutcher and Isahn, and presenting demos, lots of photos and pie-charts on how his son should get a record deal.

Also, Lord of War ftw.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by 11thHour

Ah, well I think the opposite of what you think
I actually like Nick Cage, so hey. The music still sucks.

Quote by Magero
^Amazingly, I dislike both of those men.

They are poo-nuts, ter be fair.

Quote by Delanoir
Exactly.

And nothing screams grim and godless like a Parker Fly through a Hughes & Kettner.

He uses Jacksons now
Quote by Delanoir
Oh yes. Because a kid from the Br00Tal and tr00 hessian plains of ONTARIO CANADA knows what it truly takes to make REAL black metal.

Please. Grow up. Anyone can have a passion for a certain form of music, regardless of their background. Whether or not you like them or you consider their music good is an entirely separate matter.

I don't make black metal. Location isn't important you fuckwit, but when your dad is Nicholas Cage and you have everything you want and all the money you want, you aren't going to play from the heart. His ****ty, overproduced Dimmu Borgir ripoff band makes that plainly obvious.

And Ontario is as grim and cold as Finland in the North; Finnish BM sucks horribly for the most part anyways, since your country is full of blonde girly men anyways.

Abbath himself would approve.
Last edited by AzureNight at Jan 3, 2009,
lol it was one of the first on Google images. I could find frostbitten pictures of Canada easily. And Sudbury can get pretty fucking cold in the winter, I'll have you know.
Page 1 of 4