Can anybody tell me some good scales? i've been learning some theory and found out a lot of my songs are in B Major (my guitar's a 1/2 step down and whenever i just goof around i just end up using those notes) i want to try to experiment with other scales to try to find one i like.

also if anyone knows of some good progressions. all i really know is I - IV - V
thanks
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
There are tab scales on this site. Duh. But try the natural harmonic, the intervals are
h-w-w-h-h-w-A2-h.

e minor (I only memorized this as frets, so these are the frets on the low e or high e string)

0 2 3 5 7 8 10 12 14 15 17 19 20 22 24

I could go on, but just search misc scales as the band and you will find a lot.

Edit: add 1 fret to those since your guitar is a half step down.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Learn theory and analyse solos for scales and analyse chord progressions of songs.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Too answer your chord progression question: You basically have 7 chords that you can possibly hit in this song. Now, you can change them up a little bit,by adding and subtracting parts of the chord, but still. Only about 7 chords, at least, that's how I'm seeing it. Now your job is to put these chords in a certain order, and decide which ones you are going to use. Take the key of C for instance. You have, C D E F G A B. Now some of these chords you will have to make minor, but if you have a good enough ear, you can kind of hear when something works, and when something doesn't. Oh, and here is an idea. You don't even neccessairly have to start out on the I, or the root note.

That is just my in put, but as you may have seen, I'm not the smartest man when it comes to theory. All though, I do know a few things. But please, if I did say something wrong, then feel free to correct me.
Last edited by tele432 at Jan 3, 2009,