is the blues driver worth the money
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Blues%20Driver%20Overdrive%20Pedal_-1_10052_10002_-49994287
i play a lot of blues, blues/rock and crunchy stoner metal. so i don't use gain in excess, i like that crunchy/overdriven sound, but it still gives that bluesy warm feel. feel free to suggest anything else, im not looking to spend more than about $100 but i dont mind stretching to about $120 at most
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Its okay but it's pretty ice-picky. If you're playing a guitar with humbuckers you'll be okay though. Its a good pedal.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
yea im playing a guitar with humbuckers, but i have coil taps to get those single coil sounds also
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by gnaraaron
yea im playing a guitar with humbuckers, but i have coil taps to get those single coil sounds also

You'll be fine. I love the blues driver. I hated it with my strat, but when I got my epi and plugged it in, I realized how that pedal is supposed to sound. Its great.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I don't know, some people absolutely love it and other not so much. It has a unique fuzzy quality to it, which you may or may not like. Personally I didn't dig it much, mostly because the overdrive seemed a little fizzy on the stock pedal. It was rather warm though, so long as the tone knob was kept at a fair low.

I'd really recommend trying it, or looking yp some good demos.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
i love my blues driver. it isn't modified or anything, but it sounds amazing through either one of my amps. I have all three knobs set at 11 o'clock and it boosts my overdrive tone into a real nice overdrive. Not sure if that setting will work for you, but that's what i use.

it's very transparent too. Doesn't color my tone at all. I definitely recommend it.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by gnaraaron
is the blues driver worth the money
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Blues%20Driver%20Overdrive%20Pedal_-1_10052_10002_-49994287
i play a lot of blues, blues/rock and crunchy stoner metal. so i don't use gain in excess, i like that crunchy/overdriven sound, but it still gives that bluesy warm feel. feel free to suggest anything else, im not looking to spend more than about $100 but i dont mind stretching to about $120 at most

My friend lives by his. I always thought it wasn't bad when I played through it. Not amazing, but as I said, not bad either.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
It really depends on the amp you plug into imo Some amps it just seems to fit and outhers it's not that great. All in all if you dont have the gain all the way up and run it on an already driving amp, thats where it shines imo I have used onw for about 3 months now, and so far i'm enjoying it
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Its a great pedal, with some very cool mods it even better,, The Keeley mod really smooths it out. That mod is only $65.00. That puts ya a bit over your $100.00 budget. But if you really want good O/D or distortion, yer gonna have to pay for it. I have one and its doesnt leave my pedal board . If money is still an issue ( as it always is for me ) Check out the Artec pedals they have sound bites on their site. So you can see what they sound like. Just google it.
Peace Donnie
My Rig

Guitars

Fender Strat 60`s Texas Specials
Fender Tele 92 Barden Bridge / Di Marzio Neck ( Stacked )
Jay Turser Pro 200
Custom Esquire

Amps

Crate VC 3012 Modded
Crate VC 508 Modded
1970 Silverface Princeton
1965 Ampeg J12D

Effects
Alessis Nanoverb
Artec Comp
Artec Analog Delay
Keeley Blues Driver
Big Muff ( Russian )
Dan Electro Chicken Salad
Pedal Pad Board
^ uh...

the blues driver is pretty decent, but as said can get quite ice-picky and tinny. if you can, i suggest you mod it yourself, since it'll cost about $10 in parts. i did the keeley mod to mine, minus the toggle switch, and it's much smoother now.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008