I was thinking about buying a new amp from there, and since I will get more money to pay for it on my birthday in 3 months, it seems like it would be a decent idea. Are there any downsides to it?
Do the math; if it turns out to be no more expensive, then why not just do it?
It's best just to pay everything upfront. If you can't afford that, then it's probably a bad idea.
Quote by SecretAgentS
I was thinking about buying a new amp from there, and since I will get more money to pay for it on my birthday in 3 months, it seems like it would be a decent idea. Are there any downsides to it?

you are at school? how can you get credit!
there will be interest, but if you have a steady income and know you'll be able to pay off the whole thing, then its fine. or you could wait till your birthday.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Personally i would rather just pay it all upfront at once instead of monthly. That way i know I'll have the money and i won't be screwed when i owe them however much money one month when i don't have it.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
if you have good credit, you can get zero interest for like 12 months on most things (theyll give you a money limit though)...and if the salesmen likes you he'll make exceptions on other things...in that sense its a good idea, cause you'll have the money
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
if you have good credit, you can get zero interest for like 12 months on most things (theyll give you a money limit though)...and if the salesmen likes you he'll make exceptions on other things...in that sense its a good idea, cause you'll have the money

it will be a cold day in hell before i get zero interest on any purchase if you catch my drift
usualy you end up paying a lot more cus of the intrest. your better off just saveing up the cash and makeing sure you have the money to get it. you never know when your going to fall on hard times or something more important comes up. miss a payment and they will hound you, also im not sure if you do the payment way of doing it and then you have enough money to get pay it all of early, there is usualy a fee for that also.
It totally depends on you. I have an income that could finance monthly payment for that amp, but I'd probably forget about it, still spend money, and therefore not be able to pay off my debts. But if you can, and the interest is not ridiculously high, why not?
Quote by Josh Shiells
Do the math; if it turns out to be no more expensive, then why not just do it?

But it will cost more because of interest as its basically the store loaning you the money
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor