check out my band Forever Ends Now

http://www.myspace.com/fenca

i know there's alot of people who hate deathcore but that's cool if you do. it's what we like to play. if you think we suck then at least leave some constructive criticism and not just be like "death core sucks! play real death metal blah blah blah" we know what real death metal is

but yea check us out and add us if you like what you hear

http://www.myspace.com/fenca

i think ur new song is amazing! but could u tell me the diff between deathcore and deathmetal is?
thanks! we just recorded that song 2 days ago and another will be up some time next week

and i guess the main difference people bring up are the breakdowns which are the slower parts. there's also the hardcore influences which aren't really part of death metal so that too
Quote by McHizzie
i think ur new song is amazing! but could u tell me the diff between deathcore and deathmetal is?

Deathcore is fake and death metal is real.
For a real description, deathcore is usually slam death metal mixed with metalcore or metalcore & melo-death, if not both, like this song.
And liberal use of breakdowns.
SO if you use breakdowns sporadically, that doesn't make you metalcore.

Good song, but that breakdown(s) was (were) unneccessary.
That's why I stay away from most 'core.

After that part, this song gets really interesting.

Solo was badass.

Good production values too.
I'd like to see moar of your music.
Quote by huevos
Deathcore is fake and death metal is real.
For a real description, deathcore is usually slam death metal mixed with metalcore or metalcore & melo-death, if not both, like this song.
And liberal use of breakdowns.
SO if you use breakdowns sporadically, that doesn't make you metalcore.

Good song, but that breakdown(s) was (were) unneccessary.
That's why I stay away from most 'core.

After that part, this song gets really interesting.

Solo was badass.

Good production values too.
I'd like to see moar of your music.

even though i respect your opinion, i disagree with you saying deathcore is fake. and maybe to you the breakdowns were unnecessary but we like them but im not the type of guy that'll listen to a band because of their breakdowns, i actually listen to alot of death metal.

thanks for the compliments

EDIT: actually im not sure what you mean by saying it's fake
Last edited by LU!5 at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by LU!5
even though i respect your opinion, i disagree with you saying deathcore is fake. and maybe to you the breakdowns were unnecessary but we like them but im not the type of guy that'll listen to a band because of their breakdowns, i actually listen to alot of death metal.

thanks for the compliments

Says the guy with a Beneath the Massacre avatar.
ahahhahaha!

I was just ****ing around with that "fake" and "real" bs. It's just the typical elitist metalhead additude (and I was mocking it).
I don't mind breakdowns at all, but if it slows the momentuem (sp?) of the song down, I usually won't go for it. And if there's a lot of breakdowns, or ones that just last forever.
hahaha i started listening to them because i was amazed by the stuff they play but not their breakdowns haha
who ever listens to Beneath The Massacre for their breakdowns is an idiot

and i know what you mean. alot of bands use them way too much and the songs get boring or they'll just try to make a song with as many as possible just to be heavier or more "br0ot4l" than the other
Quote by LU!5
hahaha i started listening to them because i was amazed by the stuff they play but not their breakdowns haha
who ever listens to Beneath The Massacre for their breakdowns is an idiot

and i know what you mean. alot of bands use them way too much and the songs get boring or they'll just try to make a song with as many as possible just to be heavier or more "br0ot4l" than the other

Mechanisms really is amazing, but their new album is really lackluster. Couldn't really get into it.

Emmure and Whitechapel are the main offenders of trying too hard and excessive breakdowns. The good thing is that there's plenty of good deathcore. I thought Elysia was crap, but I gave them a listen, and was pleasantly surprised.