And if so, why didn't we become extinct along with them? Just curious.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
I fear you were being serious, so I'll answer your question and hopefully you'll learn something

Humans didn't exist 65 million years ago, but what did exist was our ancestors. That far back, our ancestors were very small mammals, a bit like rodents I believe. Why the dinosaurs died out but mammals did not is not perfectly known, and probably never will be. However, it is believed to be something to do with our diminutive size and burrowing nature.

With the dinosaurs out of the way, mammals (who had existed for millions and millions of years, but were previously small in number compared to reptiles) suddenly (in the geological sense of the word ) erupted in number, and started to evolve far quicker than they ever had before. This is a time when sloths the size of houses and similar massive mammals existed and thrived.

Gradually, over the last 65 million years ago, a branch of mammals evolved into apes, then we evolved from a branch of apes, first into homo habilis, then into homo erectus, then finally about 200 000 years ago we evolved into homo sapiens, which is what we call ourselves today.

Remember that this is a very slow, very gradual process, though.

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...