what kind of music do you wana play?

EDIT: theres also a lot of stuff that contributes to a guitar too. Like if you want a thinner or fatter necck, thinner is better for shredding but fatter is better for clamping onto chords. theres also the cutaway up towards the body, how deep would you want it to be? the deeper means the easyer it is to get to the high frets. how many frets you want? 21? 22? 24? 27? (yes, there are guitars with 27 frets, look at ibanez xyphos and some of michael angelo batios guitars). how heavy do you want the body? what kind of pick ups you want? do you want more of a trebbly whiny tone, or a big bold bass tone, or a very poppy mid tone? Do you want a tremolo? Floyd roses are godly on any guitar but theyre also a pain in the ass to keep in balance and in control. and last but not least, what kind of colors/look does your guitar wana have? what do you dream being seen with?
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Last edited by xFinnellx at Jan 3, 2009,
peavey hp special maybe lol its got a floyd rose and awsome sound as far as im concerned? yah u need more info bud
Keep On Keepen' On
If you're gonna ask us to choose a guitar for you, you at least need to state what bands you're into/inpired by/wanna sound like, as well as (optionally) your current set up too.

Have you checked out the countless other threads about new gear suggestions? If not, then I suggest you use the search bar first to find some ideas. I'm not flaming or telling you to look at every single thread, but just look around for a while first.
What kind of amp do you have?
What do you want to play?
Also, could you give a slightly more specific budget? There's a hell of a lot of guitars between the price range of $1-1200
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by xFinnellx
what kind of music do you wana play?

EDIT: theres also a lot of stuff that contributes to a guitar too. Like if you want a thinner or fatter necck, thinner is better for shredding but fatter is better for clamping onto chords. theres also the cutaway up towards the body, how deep would you want it to be? the deeper means the easyer it is to get to the high frets. how many frets you want? 21? 22? 24? 27? (yes, there are guitars with 27 frets, look at ibanez xyphos and some of michael angelo batios guitars). how heavy do you want the body? what kind of pick ups you want? do you want more of a trebbly whiny tone, or a big bold bass tone, or a very poppy mid tone? Do you want a tremolo? Floyd roses are godly on any guitar but theyre also a pain in the ass to keep in balance and in control. and last but not least, what kind of colors/look does your guitar wana have? what do you dream being seen with?

Good post, but I have to be nit-picky, the Xiphos has 24 frets :P
Quote by Oheric
Why is the minimum price $1? I mean...

Well the bar has to be set somewhere doesn't it?

If you come across a 95 cent guitar, turn it down cos you may as well save up the extra 5c and get that dream $1 guitar you've always wanted. It be better quallity too.
I agree with above

Music Style/s?

Neck Preference if any?

Brand Preference?

Preference of Pickup Layout?

Number of Frets?

These are things that we probably need to know in order to help
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by xFinnellx
(yes, there are guitars with 27 frets, look at ibanez xyphos and some of michael angelo batios guitars).

Isn't there one of Mikey's guitars with 29 frets? It's that one that has a really tiny body. It's silver and made from some type of aluminum. Know what I'm talkin' 'bout?

Anyways, TS, with the information you've given us, it's hard to understand what you want. I agree with these guys when they say give us some more info.

Personally, I would look at a guitar built more for shred and metal. For me, I like the thicker necks, even for shred - I learned on a Les Paul. So, I would choose a Jackson Dinky. They don't feel quite like a Les Paul, but they have better fret access.
Quote by tigerking615
Good post, but I have to be nit-picky, the Xiphos has 24 frets :P

Actually, I believe there is a new 09 model with 27 frets, I saw it on some guitar site for preorder. Look in the ibanez 09 leak thread.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w