Hey friends...

I'm fairly new to bass and I haven't had to change the strings yet, but the ones on there have been building gunk, so it's time to change them but i don't know anything about bass strings and i know how important they are for the sound.
I'm playing an Epi. Thunderbird, and the only thing I use it for is worship music, so I guess that falls somewhere under the rock umbrella of sound... but basically i just want something that is easy to play for long periods of time, has a pretty basic sound that doesn't stand out too much and is nice and smooth.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any other questions. Thanks!
Quote by Captain Insano
You will get Rotosounds.

This. They're bright as hell so maybe your t-bird won't sound rediculously muddy.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I used Dean Markley's for years. I'm trying Rotosounds now and I'm liking them more. Try DR's also.

PS. Learn to clean your strings, or get flatwounds. Gunk is crap.
DB Player
Quote by Captain Insano
You will get Rotosounds.

This. Roto's are insanely bright. (And they're BRITISH! )

Try some Swing Bass 66's. They're the norm for Roto users.
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Last edited by Flaming Bass at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by Flaming Bass
This. Roto's are insanely bright. (And they're BRITISH! )

Try some Swing Bass 66's. They're the norm for Roto users.

this.

preferably attached to a new bass...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Mutant Corn
Guys, he's in a worship band. The T-bird's tone fits in there perfectly...there's no need to go after his bass.

I'd recommend D'Addarrio EXPs.
http://www.daddario.com/DADProducts.aspx?ID=3&CLASS=BCIA

haha, thanks... i generally agree... there's no need for bass to stand out in worship music, it's all roots, and i'm a guitarist turned bassist, so it's pretty rudimentary for now...
and those are the same strings i usually put on my accoustic guitar, so i like that, ha.

thanks for the input so far!