Hey guys.. so i have been looking around for a new amp for ages.. from all my research i seem to like the Vox Valvetronix AD50VT.. i play rock, punk and metal.. so does anyone know of any better amps in a similar price range for what i play or is this one of the better ones?
Thanks
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
What exactly is your price range? Are you gigging or is it for bedroom playing only?
I leik music
its bedroom/jamming with a friend atm.. but possibly could be gigging.. but i guess if i got to that i could buy a new one if it wasnt powerful enough.. and price range is bout 600-800 AUD
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

The Vox is a pretty good amp, but not really for high gain stuff. Do you gig? cause if you don't you don't really need 50W, I have a Cube 30(which is great for metal and rock!) and its plenty loud! I even use it for gigs btw! The other amp you could try would be a Peavey Vypyr. Their pretty good for just about anything!

edit--

I seem to really like exclamation marks!!
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
Consider the B-52 AT-112. Its 60 watts and its tube
I leik music
Quote by frets15
The Vox is a pretty good amp, but not really for high gain stuff. Do you gig? cause if you don't you don't really need 50W, I have a Cube 30(which is great for metal and rock!) and its plenty loud! I even use it for gigs btw! The other amp you could try would be a Peavey Vypyr. Their pretty good for just about anything!

+1 to the Vypyr, that thing has so much built into it it will suit just about any music you play, plus the sound quality is applaudable for a solid state amp
Okay NEW POST

I went to Allans Music so here's a new recomendation: BUGERA 6262!

http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?c=7D7489DD-F0BD-4C1B-91AE-2616AB23FD3C&p=132097&r=5

Its $800 and its best amp for the money imo, just check all the screws!

The only problem is that it is 120W tube amp so it will be over loud for a bedroom, however you could keep the volume low in the beginning and then get a atitudenator.

If that seems a little insane to you(i have been told I'm psyco once or twice )
then you could get a Fender Blues Junior or a Vox Ac15 BUT you will need a OD pedal with the to get a good metal tone.

http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?c=7D7489DD-F0BD-4C1B-91AE-2616AB23FD3C&p=88195&r=5

http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?c=7D7489DD-F0BD-4C1B-91AE-2616AB23FD3C&p=118917&r=5

Well thats my 2.5 cents. Good luck in your amp choice get the bugera, get the bugera

What subliminal messages?

Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250

Last edited by frets15 at Jan 3, 2009,
ok so im kinda sold one the peavey vypyrs atm :P so if im going to play bedroom and jam with a another guitar and a drumset what size would i need.. the 30 or 75?
Quote by srq89

I say 75W just in case!

Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250

ok thanks heaps man! i think ill go down to my local music shop and give the vypyr a try
Quote by srq89

no problem!

Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250