VS.

This is the decision i am faced with right now. Help me UG.
The Ibanez is (imo) a lot better in quality and overrall playability. The tremolo isn't double locking though, so you shouldn't do heavy whammy bar abuse. The Schecter does have an edge for metal (unless you hate actives), and you can pull up with the tremolo.

EDIT: the Ibanez costs a lot more new btw.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
well the grain on that ibanez looks like **** (if the lines arent parallel it looks horrible to me).

i absolutely love my schecter, and ive never owned an ibanez, so im biased in favor of schecter.

they have really comfy necks for just about any style and play really smoothly.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by aznrockerdude
The Ibanez is (imo) a lot better in quality and overrall playability. The tremolo isn't double locking though, so you shouldn't do heavy whammy bar abuse. The Schecter does have an edge for metal (unless you hate actives), and you can pull up with the tremolo.

I was able to raise the pitch of the Ibanez about 2 and a half tones. I liked the neck better, its just that the Schecter is so damn cheap.
i prefer schecter i think they play nicer and got a bit more weight which i like. light guitars feel weird for me
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by Jayez
I was able to raise the pitch of the Ibanez about 2 and a half tones. I liked the neck better, its just that the Schecter is so damn cheap.

If you like the ibanez more, you're not going to be happy with the schecter. You might buy it, live with it for a while, but you'll always be thinking about the ibanez. You might as well save up the extra money for the ibanez now.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I've played both guitars, and without a doubt the nicer guitar is the Schecter.

Surprisingly it's not even close. The SV5470 is a platform that has the potential for greatness, but falls woefully short. The Hellraiser has a whole lot of features, and for a very good price. The Ibanez is extremely overpriced and under featured.

Pickups: Ibanez vs EMG
Trem: Ibanz vs Floyd Rose
Tuners: GOTOH vs Grover
Neck joing: Bolt vs Thru
Price: rediculous vs reasonable.

I own a Prestige Ibanez and my brother has one. They play very nicely, the neck is kinda nice; that being said, the pickups are garbage. The good thing is that there are Ibanez nuts that will buy them all day long, so when you get an Ibanez and you have to replace the garbage stock pickups you can ebay the stockers.

IMPORTANT:
The #1 thing to remember about Ibanez is that the hardware may look pretty in Cosmo, but it will last less than a year. If you play the guitar, you'll wear the finish off quickly. It took me less than 3 weeks to turn my pretty cosmo bridge into something that looked 20 years old.

Check out the picture of the RGA121 on Ibanez website, the hardware is actually already worn on that guitar!

I know some Ibanez fanboi will blast me saying that the cosmo hardware will last forever as long as you keep it in a climate controlled environment with a cleaning crew on call 24/7 and blah blah. With the Schecter you can play it, not clean the trem and come back the next day and it still looks new, were as the Ibanez will make you pay for forgetting to go Billy Mays on it.
I think that that Ibanez model is overpriced. If you could do an S prestige instead of SV, I'd take that, otherwise the Schecter. The SV trems are good, but the ZR trems are fantastic.
Quote by jairic
I've played both guitars, and without a doubt the nicer guitar is the Schecter. <snip>
Any Ibanez fanboy worth their salt will readily admit that anything "cosmo" is about as resilient as a wet tissue. It scratches, rubs off, and everything. So does any finished hardware. And yes, S5470 is expensive. The rest of your post is pure opinion.

The pickups. EMGs are garbage. See what I did there? Opinion. In the end, it's irrelevant to me. I can get an ibanez, sell the stockies, and and buy the pickups I want from the proceeds. I could do the same with the Schecter, but I'd be rewiring the whole thing from scratch to deactivate the system.

Trem. The trem on the S is a fantastic bit of engineering. You won't get it on a Schecter.

Tuners. The Ibanez has functional locking tuners. Is that a problem?

Neck joint. Who cares? I like my maple necks and mahogany bodies, so I get a bolt-on. Someone else likes their mahogany guitars without a huge block of maple through the middle of the body, so they also get a bolt on. Someone else likes an all-mahogany guitar. They buy a Hellraiser. Tastes differ.

And what's that about "underfeatured". The Ibanez has an original trem (full of features, that machine!), an original body shape, locking tuners, graphite nut, original pickups, and an original neck profile. The Schecter is a thoroughly generic guitar with a bunch of OEM hardware tossed in and a nasty splash of binding to spice it up. If I wanted meaningful features, I know what I'd have bought.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by tigerking615
I think that that Ibanez model is overpriced. If you could do an S prestige instead of SV, I'd take that, otherwise the Schecter. The SV trems are good, but the ZR trems are fantastic.

Agreed.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by pifty
Any Ibanez fanboy worth their salt will readily admit that anything "cosmo" is about as resilient as a wet tissue. It scratches, rubs off, and everything. So does any finished hardware. And yes, S5470 is expensive. The rest of your post is pure opinion.

The pickups. EMGs are garbage. See what I did there? Opinion. In the end, it's irrelevant to me. I can get an ibanez, sell the stockies, and and buy the pickups I want from the proceeds. I could do the same with the Schecter, but I'd be rewiring the whole thing from scratch to deactivate the system.

Trem. The trem on the S is a fantastic bit of engineering. You won't get it on a Schecter.

Tuners. The Ibanez has functional locking tuners. Is that a problem?

Neck joint. Who cares? I like my maple necks and mahogany bodies, so I get a bolt-on. Someone else likes their mahogany guitars without a huge block of maple through the middle of the body, so they also get a bolt on. Someone else likes an all-mahogany guitar. They buy a Hellraiser. Tastes differ.

And what's that about "underfeatured". The Ibanez has an original trem (full of features, that machine!), an original body shape, locking tuners, graphite nut, original pickups, and an original neck profile. The Schecter is a thoroughly generic guitar with a bunch of OEM hardware tossed in and a nasty splash of binding to spice it up. If I wanted meaningful features, I know what I'd have bought.

Also note that the schecter neck isn't even neck-thru, it's set. And it's a mahogany neck, not maple.
I've owned both an Ibanez SV series and a Hellraiser.

I liked the Ibanez neck more before I shaved my Hellraiser neck. Now they're about the same in terms of playability. The Hellraiser neck is a bit thick imo.

The Hellraiser has nicer hardware IMO (Original Floyd Rose, EMGs, Grovers). But if you haven't worked with a Floyd or floating bridge before, be careful if you play in different tunings.

Also, +1 for the ZR/Edge Zero trem, you can abuse them endlessly and they'll stay in tune.
2007 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Marshall JCM900 MkIII 100W Hi-Gain Head
i only recomend the hellraiser if you want to buy mine
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard