Hey guys,
I've been playing guitar seriously for about a year and a half now. But my knowledge on theory needs much improvement. I know the major scales and chords, and a few things here and there. I know that learning theory is critical to anyone's improvement as a guitar player. My question to you is: Where should I start, and where should I progress from there?

Thanks!!!!
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Most guys on the site will suggest that you learn pentatonic scales etc.
That's fine, but in my opinion you should start by learning intervalic relationships and the different chordal relationships in the major scale. Once you master those concepts you can go on to understanding advanced chords and eventually some more complex theory.
Don't listen to anyone that tells you that theory's useless.
Oh and I'd suggest finding a good teacher, they can help you learn a lot faster than you could on your own.

EDIT: Stole this from FP's sig http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?s=the+crusade&w=columns
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
Well, you could repeat the basics. And I agree with Samurai: intervals, major scale, chords in major scale. Pentatonics are just major/minor scales without two notes.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Well I understand how all of the chords are formed from the major scales, but I don't know where to go from there...
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
The Crusade articles are linked left, right and centre around here. I'd linked to them myself. They helped me, they can help you.