Hey I was scanning my local Craigslist and found an Orange Crush 30 for $150 and I'm thinking about grabbing it.

I have some questions though:

1) Is it a tube amp?

2) Can a get a good Marshally Clean tone, John Fruscinate sounding?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by WantzChas
It's a good amp's but solid state. Go and read the reviews on this site.

Hmm, thanks I read some of those and sounds like it has great cleans, which is what I want.

It's okay if it's Solid State, I was just wondering.

Anybody else have any info?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Its an average SS amp. It sounds nothing like the good tube orange amps
I leik music
yea, solid state, i've only played it once for about half an hour, it has awesome bluesy-tones, and awesome cleans too. And it sounds great for metal too. Awesome for playing at home (i plan on buying one in the future)
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
When I heard one it sounded like the best you could get for its price and for
a solid state.
The best metal tones you can get out of a small amp IMO
Metal? Maybe.
Good deal? Very.
Solid state? So what?

Its an orange solid state amp. It soudns good.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I'm not looking for crazy metal tones, yes I do play some metal, but not a ton.

I'm looking if it has good cleans, kinda marshally cleans, (John Frusciante specifically)

I also don't use the OD channel a whole lot, I use my distortion pedal mostly.
Rig

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I have one myself, i picked it up for 180AUD used, BARGIN!
Clean Blues - Hell yes!!!
Crunchy Blues - Hell yes!!!
Rock - Hell yes!!!
Hard rock - Hell yes!!!
Metal - It can do 80's

This amp is all blues and rock, it has an amazing clean channel, really really good... buy it dude, you will regret it if you don't.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
you can get them brand new for $200.

Your profile says you own a Marshall MG 30, to be honest the Orange will probably sound very similar.
Quote by Miss G
you can get them brand new for $200.

Your profile says you own a Marshall MG 30, to be honest the Orange will probably sound very similar.

The cleans destroy marshall.. just get a distortion pedal to kick it in.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Excellent amp. I didn't need one, but I was using it to test out a guitar at a store, and I bought it with the guitar. Great sound for the price.
Quote by bucketmark
The cleans destroy marshall.. just get a distortion pedal to kick it in.

That's exactly what I was going for, I already have a distortion pedal, and I prefer Distortion pedals over built-in OD anyway.

And I'm sure we can all agree that it'll be an upgrade from my MG
Rig

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
^ wrong.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Whats with you noobs recommending this amp? (not ze monster amd jillax and Miss G)

It's not much of an upgrade from your MG. It's a bland ****ty solid state that doesn't sound that impressive. Save your money for a good tube amplifier.
Quote by Everybody
Save your money for a good tube amplifier.

Well, I want to get a tube, but it's impossible to find any decent ones that aren't WAY out of my price range. I'm only 16 and can't get a job because of this **** economy(I live in Michigan, Highest unemployment in the country). And my parents don't really have any money to spare, so I'm on my own. It would take me years to save up for a decent Tube amp, so Solid States are really my only option. I can't save money, when I have no way to get money in the first place.

I also have a feeling that all of these negative opinions are coming from Tube Snobs, who think all SS amps are terrible.

Don't Care if it doesn't do metal, I'm not looking for metal.

Anyway, I think I might get it, still not 100% sure.
Rig

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Dude... save up. The crush 30r will be very similar to your MG. You aren't moving up anywhere. You should save that money for a tube amp, where you wont regret it after a few weeks. We just don't want you to waste your money.
Here's an idea. Contact the seller, go see if you can try it out for like a good hour. Mess around with it, see how many different tones you can get out of it. It may sound different from your MG, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to sound BETTER.

On the other hand, if you like it, hell, it's your money, buy the thing. Or you can save that money and put it towards a new amp fund. See if you can do odd jobs around the house for some spare cash. Or if you get an allowance, cut down on some habits like going out and such, put the allowance (say 25% of it) towards the new amp fund.

I am in the same situation you are, I'm 20 years old, a student, VERY low on cash and I have applied to like 5 places already that said they would "contact me". So yea, don't let your GAS get the best of you. Save and wait.....you will not be disappointed.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Okay, okay people, after scanning some of the farther back pages of Craigslist, I came across a Marshall AVT150 combo for $175, it's a Hybrid, so how good are hybrid amps, specifically that one, will it give me what I'm looking for?
Rig

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
What's your budget? I haven't played the AVT myself, but I hear they aren't so hot. I would say try everything yourself. But I will wait til someone who has one/played one comes in to answer that.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals