I'm getting my first snake in a couple of weeks
spotted python have wanted a snake for around 5 years very happy now that im getting one.

just wondering if any of the pit have any sort or reptiles as pets?
pictures, talk about there behaviour and cool/funny stories about them

oh and names im thinking

Wesley, Boogaloo or Ekans

or suggest your own haha

edit: also do you feed live or frozen, im thinking of going frozen because i dont want the other animals to suffer or injure mine and i want it to be a nice snake to handle and i have heard of websites and breeders that they will be more prone to bite.
Last edited by beetroot10 at Jan 3, 2009,
haha havent got it yet, i was thinking of ekans, but its just snake backwards but i could have the sticker of the number and **** about it like you get in the pokedex haha
I have a ball python. Well, technically she belongs to my sister, but I'm the one that always has to take care of her because my sister is too lazy/irresponsible to do so and I'm a good person. She gave it a lame name, though. "Bindy," after Steve Erwin's daughter. I would post pictures if I had any, but... I don't.
I've always wanted a pet turtle

I like tertles!
Yeah, name it ekans.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
i have a pet reptar

REPTARRR!

nah, really, the only reptile pets i've had were turtles. even then, i set them free when i was 4.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
I have a bearded dragon and a monitor lizard.Not much experience with snakes though,but I do know that handling them with the scent of food on your hands is a fast track to OMFGTEHSNAKEBITME land.

But on average pythons are pretty docile snakes,especially ball pythons,so you should be good to go.I also suggest feeding it pre-killed prey so it doesn't get more aggressive from live feeding and so it avoids any potential injuries from the prey fighting back.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

The only reptiles I've kept are turtles, but they're really awesome pets.

Here's Patton, my 3 toed box turtle. ^_^ I've had him for about 2 years now.

I used to have another box turtle, and I had her for about 4 years, but she escaped from her pen in my backyard early this past summer and basically...ran away. How pathetic is that? She was a cool turtle, had a bit more energy than Patton. She'd been hit by a car and was missing some toes.

Here she is

Aww..I miss her. She recognized me and knew when I came outside she was getting food.

I'm wanting to get a red eared slider too, to keep inside since I only really see my box turtle for about half the year (he's hibernating right now). I have to do some research on how much it's all going to cost. I'm going to name him Milton. ^_^ I've kept a red eared slider hatchling before, but only outside.So I'll have to do some reading up on what I need to do.

YES, I AM A WEIRD TURTLE PERSON!!
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
I have 3 turtles, tipper, todder and sgt. crusty. I did have an alligator snapping turtle named david bowie, but he got sick and I let him go. Years ago we had iguanas and would catch snakes and keep them. I didnt like neither of them that much.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
^^What kind of turtles, if I may ask? Awesome turtle names, btw.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
rip Billy Mays <3
Quote by Kata Dante
^^What kind of turtles, if I may ask? Awesome turtle names, btw.

Thank you. I love turtles.
Tipper and Todder are both red eared sliders and sgt. crusty is a cooter or another type of slider.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Looks like this thread is going extinct, much like the dinosaurs!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I want a 6ft cobra that can type with its tail.

Kind of like a cobra typist.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
they dont go invisible, they just blend in haha
i think your lieing. -.-

and also i held a corn snake a coupel days ago beautiful snakes what type do you have slash 120?
ive got python boots
My Gear
gibson les paul standard 50's neck
Taylor 210e
Michael kelly patriot shadow
strat copy
squire :p
marshall dsl 100
peavey windsor straight and slant/W/wgs veteran 30's
crate g130
vox ad50vt

ehx big muff

EDIT: You bastard! You beat me to it
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by InvaderTSN

I know, it's really so funny that even though I miss my turtle, I can't help but laugh about it. I hope she's safe though. Probably out terrorizing the neighborhood.
deviantART ||| flickr
last.fm zune
rip Billy Mays <3
Quote by Kata Dante
I know, it's really so funny that even though I miss my turtle, I can't help but laugh about it. I hope she's safe though. Probably out terrorizing the neighborhood.

Or better yet, it found out a way to crossbreed with the owl, so now your town is about to be overrun with turtle-owl hybrids.
I have three cornsnakes a western hognose snake and one black king snake..

Pics later...
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by CFH82

EDIT: You bastard! You beat me to it

sorry about that, i lol'd at yours quite a bit.
Why are you reading this?
Quote by InvaderTSN
Thundercougarfalconbird.

You told me to name my parrot that. He's not unique anymore. =[

Anyway I use to have a green iguana, and it was a cool pet but I'm more of a bird person though so I've never really had that many reptiles.
H e l l o .
Quote by kitty_teh_fish
You told me to name my parrot that. He's not unique anymore. =[

Anyway I use to have a green iguana, and it was a cool pet but I'm more of a bird person though so I've never really had that many reptiles.

You're the only person who has gone through with actually naming something that, though.
the biology teacher at my school has a snapping turtle in his classroom, we used to feed it crickets and small fish, ive seen it bite a small fish in half. We tried a crayfish once but it didnt catch it :/
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Last edited by TheHobbit at Jan 3, 2009,
I was gonna put that one up but its huge.
Why are you reading this?
YESSSSS LOVE REPTILES LOVE REPTILES finally a thread that covers that.

Allow me to present myself as the proud owner of 3 turtles : My 2 red-eared sliders, Alfred, the 11-year old female (lol alfred I was a kid back then didn't realise that poor alfred had nothing in his cloaca...) and Ozzy, my 3-year old male, and Dwayne, my also 3-year old yellow-bellied slider. And no coward jokes please, he is a very brave little boy.

Alfred has had many adventures over the years, including tumbling down the stairs and smashing her head on the floor, and falling off the table on her back and staying there, eventually to fall asleep due to boredom :p Both cases due to curiosity, they always are very very curious about everything.

As for my 2 guys, well.. they erm practice the mating ritual...constantly :p It is not due to them being gay, but rather as an act of dominance (dwayne is bigger than Ozz, he is a big fatty :p)

I love my turtles
Quote by ZeBubba!
... Why are you preaching in the pit? The pit is for satanic people looking to fap.

Dost thou feelst lucky, punk?
it seems most of UG have turtles more then snakes haha, but they are great fun, ive had lots of fun at zoo's and our reptile park its a great place, the place im getting the python off are breeding albino olive pythons worth $10000 each