Looking for an overdrive (or distortion?) pedal that sounds like Jessie from Death from above 1979, or Chris from Muse, and just get me generally hyped up and make me feel awesome about a bass solo. I'm newish to bass, only been playing a year and a bit. So I'm looking for something reasonably priced. Like. REALLY reasonably. Like, $120AU. Only thing I've found so far is the dunlop mxr D.I but thats about $399.00AU. My amp is crap, only 15W and only has in-built EQ.

Help meeeeee!

Sorry if this as already been asked.
Last edited by jimm, ey? at Jan 3, 2009,
^ +1

If you REALLY want to sound like chris you'd bi-amp your rig, one clean and one with a russian (sovtek) big muff pi and akai deep impact synth thingie (which runs about $500 USD or so i believe). The Big Muff alone should be fine though.
Quote by Pac_man0123
^ +1

If you REALLY want to sound like chris you'd bi-amp your rig, one clean and one with a russian (sovtek) big muff pi and akai deep impact synth thingie (which runs about $500 USD or so i believe). The Big Muff alone should be fine though.

Whats bi-amping? Newb question.
Quote by Pac_man0123
As the name implies, you run the same signal to two amps. Chris does it because the Big Muff (guitar version) is known to cause some loss of low end.

Ohh. Doesn't that break the amp eventually? Rule that out anyway because I can't afford two amps, I'm only a kid Y_Y

Does the bass big muff sound alright for what I'm looking for? What is your opinion on putting bass's through guitar pedals?
All bass distortion pedals loose low end, its a fact of life,
You need an effects loop in your amp so u can blend the distorted signal with the dry signal.
Maybe until you can upgrade your rig, you could try the Boss Bass Overdrive
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals