Not sure if you guys remember but I posted that I tried the Vox ac30 and Fender Hot Rod Deville. My first ever taste of a tube amp.

Well, I choose none of them and went for a Peavey Classic 50.

The tone suits me down to a tee and the lead channel has more then enough OD for what I do so I'm MORE then happy.

One quick question though. I tend to play gigs at friends BBQ's. Outdoor stuff. Not often but it means that I'm not always playing in a standard way. Like a full set list and pack up. We stop and start a few times. Eating and stuff. Maybe half hour or more break at times.

What should I do with the amp while this is happening? Is that too long for standby to be on? Better to just turn the amp off? Would it really matter if I turn it off and on a couple of times in the night?

Any help appreciated.
No it wouldn't matter to turn it off and on. As long as it's not like 1 minute apart.
It's kinda like practicing - you play for like an hour, leave, come back an hour later and turn it back on.

as far as i know it's all good just to turn it off. Might have to let the tubes warm up again though
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1