What is your favorite, and why?
Why is a fender Better than a Gibson and vice versa?

I have a Gibson SG Faded, and think I would buy a fender Tele Caster. what do you think about it?

[on danish]

Hvad er din favorit, og hvorfor?
Hvorfor er en Fender Bedre end en Gibson og omvendt?

Jeg har en Gibson SG faded, og tror, at jeg ville købe en Fender Tele Caster. Hvad mener du om det?
fender ftw!
not outrageously overpriced.
you can get way more sounds out of it.
prepare for the gibson/fender wars to start.
*flame shield ON*
oh and some dip**** will take this as a versus thread and report you probably
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Depends on personal opinion and style. I prefer Gibsons, but there are many people who would rather have a Fender.

And why is there Danish in here?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Hard decision, both Gibson and Fender have amazing guitars that I would love to own. Myself, I have a Gibson SG special, and I'm really happy with it. I mostly play blues and some poppy stuff and it suits the style perfectly. Now a few days ago I bought myself a Fender Telecaster and I really love that one too. It's a totally different sound than my Gibson and that's what I really like about it. Great for SRV and Hendrix music. I say: get the tele : ).
No vs. threads!

But I'm going to contriubte by saying this. Don't just compare the brands, their models are very different. Also Fender and Gibson makes very different guitars. If you want a Les Paul tone, well then you should get a Les Paul or similar. If you want a Strat tone you get a Strat. I own both a Fender Strat and a Gibson Les Paul and they have very different tones. It depends just what you want. So this makes this thread incredebly stupid, besides being against the rules. Oh and yeah, I'm Swedish and like to point out that writing in Danish is just stupid, considering that the people from Scandinavia here are very few. Just stick to English, to save time.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
If you already have a SG, I wouldn't bother getting a Les Paul. Tone is a bit different, as is playability, but that's a lot of stress.
If you're keeping your SG, get a fender.
But if i were you, i'd check out different guitars first, especially if you're looking at Gibsons. Fenders are reasonably priced, but Gibsons are not.
Good luck.
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
depends on your playing style really. but from what the guys above say, fenders are more reasonably priced, so that may be a better choice. however (correct me if im wrong), fenders seem to be a bit more restricted in tone (as in their tone isnt suitable for a large variety of songs).
Quote by Guffeluffe

What is your favorite, and why?
Why is a fender Better than a Gibson and vice versa?

I have a Gibson SG Faded, and think I would buy a fender Tele Caster. what do you think about it?

[on danish]

Hvad er din favorit, og hvorfor?
Hvorfor er en Fender Bedre end en Gibson og omvendt?

Jeg har en Gibson SG faded, og tror, at jeg ville købe en Fender Tele Caster. Hvad mener du om det?

Fender is not better than a Gibson and vice versa.

Its just like asking:

Why is an Orange Better than a Apple and vice versa?
You can compare Tele's and strats or SG's and LP's but not Gibson and Fender

two whole different things.

But fender is my favourite, esp. telecasters, they're sexy
Fender.
Not overpriced.
Better Quality.(i have played a TON of **** $2000 gibson guitars, but i have never played a **** fender)
Whoooo fenderr!
and, would you be selling your SG?
always play your guitar before you buy it
EDIT: do keep in mind this is my opinion, i just like fender better from past experiences, other like gibson better, and one is most certainly not better than the other, i dont really see why you would compare brands.
you should have made it sg or tele.
Last edited by stratdud39 at Jan 3, 2009,
Personally i prefer fenders, i admit that a les paul can conjure nicer tones, but the feel just isnt right for me, i like a long maple fretboard with massive frets, a slim neck profile and a contoured body
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Fender FTW!
Gibsons are way too overpriced, its rediculous. Fenders have a very nice versatile price range
Fenders are used with many good bands for recording
A lot of legendary guitarists have used Fenders.
Sure, I Like gibsons, but I just prefer Fenders.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination