Hi everyone,

I was wondering if a Seymour Duncan Full shred (bridge) and a Seymour Duncan Jazz Sh-2 (neck) make a good combination, and if so, what single-coil to put in the middle position. It's on an RG 2550.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Gary Leeflang at Jan 3, 2009,
What music do you play man?
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
what's your budget? what's your amp?

excellent music choice there, by the way
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks . Price doesn't really matter and my amp is a Marshall AVT150.
Last edited by Gary Leeflang at Jan 4, 2009,
ok, what country are you in? pickups will make a bit of difference with your amp, but your best bet would be to upgrade your amp to be honest (to something tube, preferably)... up to you, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I planning on upgrading soon, but i would like some new pickups first, as I sometimes play live through a PA and sorts. I live in Holland by the way.
no problem. there are a bunch of bareknuckle pickups (made in the UK) which are aimed at 80s metal, might be worth considering, with the current exchange rate they might be better value than normal, too.

rockmonkey would also be worth a look, they're wound by a guy on here, there's a 10% discount too. i haven't tried them, but they're meant to be great.

swinesheads are nice too, i have a set of these.

bulldog probably would be worth a look too, again british-based handwound/scatterwound pickups. haven't tried them yet unfortunately.

with any of those, you should email them for better advice on specific models than i can give.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Guitar to PA....? Really?

Yeah, just for some real simple clean stuff, alot easier than dragging my amp around.
yeah, alabama takes pickup swaps better than pennsylvania.

sorry.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?