The problem is with my battery/adapter. I recently bought a used fujitsu siemens E8010 lifebook laptop. I was told about a problem where I have to keep the adapter in when I use it. If I even slightly dislodge the adapter the laptop cuts out. Is it the battery or the adapter causing this? And, how do I solve the problem? Get a new battery/ adapter or both? Help would be much much appreciated.
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
so you can't use it without it being plugged in?
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
New battery. It probably just means that the battery has been used so much that it has a really small charge.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
You'd think a new battery should fix it. It's just not holding it's charge and uhh not really doing what a battery's supposed to do.
Quote by The_Burnanator
I hate it so much when people quote themselves in sigs!!

Last edited by The_burnanator at Jan 3, 2009,
The battery's worn out. It happens all the time, a new one should sort out the problem. They Do you know how old it is? They usually wear out after a year or two I think. Laptop batteries are labeled as consumer products now, so you can't go and demand a new one from the company unfortunately.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
thanks for the help I had slight suspicion it had to be the battery. Have a free e-cookie. I'd put a pic up but I'm on my iPod touch *hands over e-cookie*
SEX!

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

either the battery is completely fucked or it is the pwer control circuitry inside the laptop. Does the machine recognise the battery? I think it should say somewhere in the power bit of control panel if it has a battery or not, if it 'sees' your battery then it probably just needs a new battery, if not, it would probably cost more than the machine is worth to repair it.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
and yeah I was prepared to buy w/e it was to fix the problem.
SEX!

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win