Hey, just recorded 2 original riffs they're on my profile. Although i am almost sure i have heard riff2 before or a similar variation. Crits please.
sounds good, btw, wich guitar u are using and what amp?
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
I'm using a Gibson sg going into a tone port gx and using a demo of guitar rig 2 i got.
idk, on the goodside they are kind of catchy (ive heard riff 1 somewhere im sure before tho..), i can suggest adding a bit more cmplexity or variety to your music. I mean there is only so much you can get from powerchords and basic palmmuting
whilst the riffs are pretty good, they need a bit of variation. however, that could be because you repeated them quite a lot, and with no other instruments. i'd like to hear them in a song
check out mine if you have time 60src in my profile
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

^That's my problem i can't make song's just ****ty riffs.
i think you have the potential to make full songs, dont give yourself a hard time
think of a melody (not hard) then put some chords behind it..
DONE! thats really all that mine are, just with a counter-melody and drums
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Yeah dude the riffs are good.......if it helps try and think of where you want the riff to take you or how you can get there......the 2nd riff reminds me of the espn noise when the ticker comes on the bottom of the screen lol
My problem is lack of theory knowledge and the fact that i can't seem to get parts to transition smoothly.