the song i wrote over the holidays. i think its kind of... metally but soft, then it progresses to be much heavier. does that make it progressive, literally? well yeah here it goes. check the instructions too. it has a pretty intense evil solo (the rest of the song is in g major, but the solo is in e harmonic minor.) with keyboard and guitar, soft verses, happy choruses, a sudden jazzy bass interlude, and then weird enough, a breakdown. enjoy

also the chorus is missing keys and vocals. i was thinking of a possible instrumental chorus, cause it sounds good as it is.. i think. whatever.
Attachments:
yoyoyo.zip
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
Last edited by jamesdtsx at Jan 3, 2009,
Overall I really liked it, awesome groove at times. Love the crazyness of it. And instrumental chorus does sound good imo!

Some things though:

Possibly the intro - verse transition feels a bit too sudden, though I guess it sounds better done live by humans and not a computer.

The solo is awesome (esp. duet solo), though those nonatuplets (or w/e ) on the keyboard part don't sound too good in my opinion, I'd use triplets. Just my opinion though.

Right before the bass interlude, maybe you could have the guitar part further "assisting" the bass in making the transition smooth?

That's all I can think of, gj man.
Mate, I'd try and crit it but I can't get it to work, I get 'error d'etendui' or something similar. NOT GOOD D:
oh damn. did you try gp4 too? atleast import the midi into your guitar pro
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34

Head + dead = dead?
Last edited by jamesdtsx at Jan 3, 2009,
GP4 worked : )

It's a really nice song. It's definitely not like the usual stuff we get on here : D

The verse/chorus didn't really do it for me, it's not to my taste. But as a piece of music they were pretty good.

Solo was ****in' sweet. Same with the riff after.

Bass solo - I love it when you can fit humour into music as well. This is a prime example. Kudos!

Breakdown. Nice, think the cymbal could be used a bit more though, was bit sparse. Although, that could be because of the sustain in GP.

Good song, over all about a 7 or 8 / 10.
gerbs in gp4 for you was the tempo in swing? and thanks by the way yeah i love the solo too haha
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34

Head + dead = dead?
Alright it has some good qualitys about it. I wish there were some more carchy melody lines in it. Solo was rather good. I would say it needs more melodic parts.
I give it and 7.5/10 but it has potential to be better.
Well i have a bit of a mixed review for you.

I thought that most of the song was pretty mediocre, especially the verses.
The bass great in the chorus, actually the chorus was pretty good altogether. I can't help but think the song only got really good at Bar 82 though. You got a good groove going and then an awesome Guitar vs keys battle. Bar 82 - 101 far surpassed everything else in the song.

I liked the bass interlude a lot.

And now the breakdown... Not the best way to end the song i think. I also think you needed the drums to be doing more to keep it moving along. I know breakdowns are meant to be slow and disjointed, but thats just my opinion.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17969842#post17969842
okkkk
u will get you justice, i will spend 30min to crit your song :P

what i didnt like:
- at bar 4, remove the F# and sustain the note before
- the way the vocals starts

what i liked:
-the guitar solo in the start is great
-the duet solo is great, i'm a big harmonic minor fan
-bar 24, 55; the bass line suits well
-the bass interlude and the breakdown are good, i start smiling here
-and the gunshot is great

i did some changes at bar 4,and added the bar 18...i tried to change how the vocals starts
i don't know if it's good..

overall i give 8/10
it should be a great song, nice job
Attachments:
yoyoyo(mike).zip
Thanks for the crit first of all. I will crit this as I listen, well first of all the leads in the intro are amazing very dissonant and minor. the timing threw me off once or twice though. The verses were good but nothing that really stood out to me. Bars 82 - 85 I really liked for the leads, it was sorta egyptian but not quite. The duet solo was really good too. The break down was alright but maybe a couple harmonics or something to add some oomph would complete it. 8/10
first of all thanks for the crits guys!

Quote by tiammetadeth
okkkk
u will get you justice, i will spend 30min to crit your song :P

what i didnt like:
- at bar 4, remove the F# and sustain the note before
- the way the vocals starts

what i liked:
-the guitar solo in the start is great
-the duet solo is great, i'm a big harmonic minor fan
-bar 24, 55; the bass line suits well
-the bass interlude and the breakdown are good, i start smiling here
-and the gunshot is great

i did some changes at bar 4,and added the bar 18...i tried to change how the vocals starts
i don't know if it's good..

overall i give 8/10
it should be a great song, nice job

wow good crit. thanks for the change, i think youre right. but i kept bar 4, cause i think the dissonance sounds cool haha. and 18 that also is good. i kept that man, thanks. haha "i start smiling here". thanks for the comments!
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34

Head + dead = dead?