Hi, my higher strings have recently developed crappy sustain, and there they have only been on a week or so. Thing is, there not buzzing out on the frets but I have recently lowered the action. I'm guessing its the pickup height but lowering them doesnt seem to make a difference
Can anyone help?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
higher them for more sustain i thought
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
no cause there would be more magnetic pull on em
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
if you have a delay pedal or built in fx use it, that'll up the sustain, don't use maximum sustain, but about 3 quarters of the way up is what I do...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

ibanez rg 350 ex
Hm... I'm no expert in Ibanez. You said that u lowered your action, so when u do that some guitars need adjustments to other parts like truss rod and tension.

You gotta Floyd-rose unit right? then tighten the back strings a bit. This might help in most cases.

You also need to adjust the truss-rod too.
Quote by YA89
Hm... I'm no expert in Ibanez. You said that u lowered your action, so when u do that some guitars need adjustments to other parts like truss rod and tension.

You gotta Floyd-rose unit right? then tighten the back strings a bit. This might help in most cases.

You also need to adjust the truss-rod too.

NO. He SHOULD NOT adjust the truss-rod, just because he's lowered the action.

Adjust the springs in the floyd-unit if necessary to make the unit lie flat in your desired tuning.

Willy-nilly adjusting of the truss will cause serious problems.
Quote by Mazzakazza
NO. He SHOULD NOT adjust the truss-rod, just because he's lowered the action.

Adjust the springs in the floyd-unit if necessary to make the unit lie flat in your desired tuning.

Willy-nilly adjusting of the truss will cause serious problems.

WOW, u just missed the point.

If he adjusts the springs, then he definitely should have to adjust the truss rod. A little change in the springs might make a big difference to the neck.

And I agree with your advice that not to try adjusting the rod if he doesn't know what he's doing.
For TS, In that case u better take ur axe to a qualified tech.
Lowering the action and changing the spring tension is NOT enough reason to adjust the truss rod.

Don't post if you're going to tell users to do things which are inappropriate, and might possibly inhibit usability of their instrument if they carry them out.