I've narrowed it down to two. The ESP M-100fm or the Ibanez RG2EX1. I want some more imput on these models. I have played them both I like them both equally but I want to know which one will be better in the long run. I'm starting to get into heavy metal like Metalica,Megadeth,Iron Maiden,Ozzy,Black Sabbeth, Motorhead, Disturbed, and so on. But I also play Blues, Classic Rock, and Punk Rock. So please help me with your knowladge.I play through a Orange Crush 30r, my amp is fine.I've been wanting a new guitar because I've played for over a year mostly acoustic but awhile back I got a LP knockoff which I like but its not very comfy to play and has a cracked fretboard and is cracked around the binding so I think it would be in my best intrest to buy a new guitar.
Last edited by Silent_Crow13 at Jan 3, 2009,
Well it depeneds, man what neck did you prefer the thin wide ibanezs one or the thick esp one...imo the ibanez is the way to go because the m-100fms floyd rose is really crap and never stays in tune (my mate has one.) and plus for the style on music you play a floyd rose isnt really needed apart from in some metallica. but all and all its up to you, you need to choose the guitar what you think suits you best. is it comfortable, is the tone good, do you like the look, is theyre any flaws in it (eg.fret buzz,dodgy paint chop,dodgy wood. etc. etc. just take those in mind when deciding... hope this helps
Im not sure about the ESP (ive never owned or played one) but ive gat an RG and it will last you a long time, mines been going 5 years now with no problems. Check out reviews of them on here and harmony central
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Vauge13
Well it depeneds, man what neck did you prefer the thin wide ibanezs one or the thick esp one...imo the ibanez is the way to go because the m-100fms floyd rose is really crap and never stays in tune (my mate has one.) and plus for the style on music you play a floyd rose isnt really needed apart from in some metallica. but all and all its up to you, you need to choose the guitar what you think suits you best. is it comfortable, is the tone good, do you like the look, is theyre any flaws in it (eg.fret buzz,dodgy paint chop,dodgy wood. etc. etc. just take those in mind when deciding... hope this helps

The thin neck was more comfy, but I was just trying to get a few opioions on how well each guitar would hold up to those genres. I'm leaning towards the Ibanez.
I would probably go for the Ibanez. Because those have basswood I believe where as the LTD is agathis which is worse tone wood than basswood. But those guitars aren't really gonna make a whole lot of difference if they are good for metal or not, alot of your sound comes from your AMP.
Quote by charlie__flynn
Im not sure about the ESP (ive never owned or played one) but ive gat an RG and it will last you a long time, mines been going 5 years now with no problems. Check out reviews of them on here and harmony central

Will do. My main concern is will the RG be able to pull off blues with correct tone. I know its mostly the amp but I also feel the guitar holds a major role in that to.