Hi
I've got a really crappy amp, a Fender 15G thingy, came with my old starter guitar, and the guitar i use now is a a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

Problem is, the sustain is really bad. I tried holding the long note in Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore, and, although i'd never be able to do it quite like him, the sound just fades away too easily.

I run my guitar through a Zoom G1 Effects pedal, so not sure if thats anything to do with it.

I'd be greatful if anyone has any advice on settings or anything that could improve sustain for a bit, thanks!

ps. This is my first attempt at starting a thread, so sorry if i did anything wrong at all!

pps. I know its kinda blasphemous to mix Fender and Gibson products so sorry for that too!
How is the sustain unplugged? If unplugged and it goes longer, than the problem is the amp. The amp is probably the main issue anyways.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence[/center[
Definately get a new amp. It should at least help out. Until then, try to get a compressor/sustainer perhaps, it should help out i think
Get your guitar set up and intonated before you go and buy a new amp.

Gary Moore's sustain in that song is feedback from the amp as well as sustain from the guitar. So it's understandable that you won't be able to hold that note as long as it is on the track.

louder volumes = more sustain.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by theotherguy7145
Hi
I've got a really crappy amp, a Fender 15G thingy, came with my old starter guitar, and the guitar i use now is a a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

Problem is, the sustain is really bad. I tried holding the long note in Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore, and, although i'd never be able to do it quite like him, the sound just fades away too easily.

I run my guitar through a Zoom G1 Effects pedal, so not sure if thats anything to do with it.

I'd be greatful if anyone has any advice on settings or anything that could improve sustain for a bit, thanks!

ps. This is my first attempt at starting a thread, so sorry if i did anything wrong at all!

pps. I know its kinda blasphemous to mix Fender and Gibson products so sorry for that too!

You need to buy a proper amp...nothing blasphemous about mixing brands but running a Gibson through a POS practice amp is.

Gary Moore gets that note by cranking a valve amp and manipulating the feedback to keep it going, there's no other way to get that kind of sustain.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
no, dont throw more effects at it, your sustain is held back by the amp.. save for a new amp
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A