Hey, yestersay I got a new amp....a Bogner Alchemist and I'm really syked about it.
In the musicstore I tried an ENGL Screamer which I wanted to buy first then looked at a Peavey Windsor and an Orange rocker 30 (rockerverb are my dream amps but when I asked the helper if they could do some hi-gain stuff, he said I should be looking at a rocker 50 instead) and then I tried the Bogner.

I was instantly in fell love and it was right in my budget (1200 bucks).
I could get great cleans and a warm smooth and creamy distortion our of it.
With my band I play classic /blues rock and grunge and I instantly got the tones that I wanted, it even sounded a bit Marshall-like (althought the Bogner has 6L6 tubes).

I also achieved some great Metallica tones and some cool modern metal tones.
But I was wondering, I like to play some metalcore once in a while and I know I can't really push the amp in that kind of territory....so should I buy an OD pedal or a BOSS Metalcore or something?

And what's your opinion about the amp,just curious.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Well you won't really get the right voicing for it as the Bogner isn't really voiced for that stuff.

If you want to try to achieve a similar tone, try boosting the front with an OD pedal of some sort.

check out the Maxon OD808
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It can pull off metalcore decently enough with an OD pedal. I would say that amp is definitely worth buying.

EDIT: And it's probably as good or not better than the Rockerverb 50. Oranges are overpriced in the US.

2nd EDIT: Or anywhere outside the UK, really.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Jan 3, 2009,
Quote by stradivari310
It can pull off metalcore decently enough with an OD pedal. I would say that amp is definitely worth buying.

EDIT: And it's probably as good or not better than the Rockerverb 50. Oranges are overpriced in the US.

It's not better. It's different.

Even still, I think that the Rockerverb 50 is much more versatile anyways.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That amp is a beauty, i tried it in the store and it was out of my budget, now i wish i never tried it. You could put a pedal in front of it probably, try them out first tho
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
So I won't need a Boss Metalcore or something, just a simple OD?
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
An OD. Maxon OD808 is you have the money, Digitech Bad Monkey on a budget
WTLTL 2011
i really liked the bogner 1x12 on every channel and the built in reverb delay was a pretty cool feature just in case

2x12 sounded fizzy at low volumes though

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i tried one of these today and i almost jizzed my pants

i reckon it'd do anything with an OD, i'd say a TS9
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i tried one of these today and i almost jizzed my pants

i reckon it'd do anything with an OD, i'd say a TS9

*que saturday night live skit*
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008