Since it's neck heavy when standing up, I figured I'd add weights into the back of the SG where all the wires are and glue them in there. Know of any weights I could buy somewhere?
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
you can also move strap buttons or get a suede strap.

to answer your question. washers (hardware store) fishing weights (sports store)

but that might not make enough difference, unless it's at the rear of the guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah, neck-heavy i bet that's the real reason muscle man.

EDIT; not in a gay way. Im actually just mocking you so don't worry
Quote by jj1565
you can also move strap buttons or get a suede strap.

This.

You'll thank us later when you don't have back problems.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i would just get a suede strap that is thicker to better distribute the weight of the guitar.
The neck only drops because of the position of the strap locks, move them and it'll be fine.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
theres also lead tape you can try. it should be found in sporting goods stores as it seems to be mostly used for changing the weight distribution on things like tennis raquets. i havent ever tried it, but it seems like it would do the job well.
if you wanting to use little room and a good amount of weight get some tungsten...you can get from like 5hp brigg retailers they use it to add weight to the crank legend...
Just move the strap button farther up the horn.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
SGs are heavy enough as they are man.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by TehMasterSword
Just move the strap button farther up the horn.

i got a flying v that the neck dives on and wat do you mean by moving the strap button the metal stud on the guitar????
the best placement always depends on the guitar. but in general, the farther away, the 2 pegs are, the better the balance.

sometimes moving the peg at the ass end, lower, works well.

but with bolt on guitars, yes, i've seen guys us the neck bolt at the plate as the screw to hold the strap button. sometimes a peg at the heel can cause the guitar to fall away from the player. i moved the peg on my lp to the back heel, works ok.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I hate the description of the SG has neck heavy. It's not neck heavy as much as its just piss poor placement of the neck strap button. Its positioned as a perfect pivot point for the guitar neck to just dive. Leather straps help keep the neck from rotating, but in general Ive just gotten used to guiding the neck while I play, and in fact it makes for some interesting styles where its pretty easy to move the neck all around while standing. Weights? Interesting.
Yeah because putting weights where wires that connect your pick ups to your guitar is an excellent idea. It would tear or break any little wires or anything.