Because I'm considering doing it. My friend says I will be fine since I have Sperzels locking tuners.

This is for my 100GBP build and I don't really want to install the locking nut and I've already routed for the locking bridge.

Anyone have any experience with this?
carvin do this and use locking tuners

it doesnt work simply put. the neck bows too much and the tuning gets f'd up. a locking nut is ESSENTIAL for rock solid tuning.

/thread
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG560
Epiphone G400
Mesa Boogie Recto-verb
Peavey JSX
Marshall MG50
gibson also did it at one Point and I remember seeing poor reviews.
Last edited by jimRH7 at Jan 3, 2009,
It dosn't work , whitout a locking nut it'll go out of tune the second you touch the rose.
id assume its because he uses it rarely and when he does he does it for a lil vibrato, but chris broderick's LA custom ibanez has a floyd (edge pro... whatever) and no locking nut...

and its a 7 string so i doubt not having a locking nut on a 6 stringer would do any damage to the neck. but im not an expert so....

EDIT: (i LOVE the vol knob and pickup selector switch placement on his axe... just HAD to say it... )
Last edited by jayeshrc at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by scoopdmids
carvin do this and use locking tuners

it doesnt work simply put. the neck bows too much and the tuning gets f'd up. a locking nut is ESSENTIAL for rock solid tuning.

/thread

/thread

Please explain what neck bow has to do with tuning stability and how a locking nut can fix that.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Jan 4, 2009,
^ + 1

FR with no locking nut is fine, you need locking tuners and a good quality graphite nut and you're there, I'm not sure how it would stand up to vai/satriani/Li style wammy wankage though, but it definatly wont 'bow' your neck lol

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man