Hi, so I've been playing (and been ultra-committed) for about ten months now and I thought it was about time I posted a flash of my playing. Anyway, I was just jamming to a backing track I made in GarageBand and decided to record it. The quality is poor as I ddnt bother to mic my amp, which was played also at really low volume and needed more gain. Also, it goes ****ty at 0:54 cause i went out of key in my original improv at this point cause I was playing (i'd only just learnt the scale haha), so re-recorded it at that point- my apologies 'cause it doesn't really flow and it goes a bit rubbish from that point on haha. Yes it's a bit messy, yes it's poorly recorded, but it was literally a spur of the moment thing i felt like doing

But this was only a quick improv done an hour ago, so I might consider writing a song based around it when I properly learn the scale and will then replace this with that. But for the purpose of sticking a song up, to see how ppl better than me think I'm going I think this is fine.

So please, if anyone would spare a few moments to listen to my recording, I would be highly appreciative, and do the same back. Many thanks
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

Sounds pretty good, I'm not a fan of your guitar tone, but I won't go there.
The solo sounds good over the backing track but work on your bending and perhaps throw in some high chords or something like that?
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by FFTLxx
Sounds pretty good, I'm not a fan of your guitar tone, but I won't go there.
The solo sounds good over the backing track but work on your bending and perhaps throw in some high chords or something like that?

Dude yeh, I'm playing through a spider and I needed more gain (it ddnt come through on the recording like it sounded in the room as i ddnt mic my amp), I don't like it either , yep, I need to work on bends too, thanks
Quote by tubetime86

I think I would just second whats already been said, and possibly add that it sounded quite messy, due to the amount of notes beiong struck without enough distortion, which has also been mentioned.

But certainly not bad for 10 months - keep it up.
Quote by Mr E
I think I would just second whats already been said, and possibly add that it sounded quite messy, due to the amount of notes beiong struck without enough distortion, which has also been mentioned.

But certainly not bad for 10 months - keep it up.

Cheers mate, yeh I plan on redoing this in the near future
Quote by tubetime86